- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
During the day, discover the magical tones of the desert, with the imposing Piedras Rojas, the beautiful Chaxa, Miscanti and Miñiques Andean lagoons, and the extensive Atacama Salt Flats in the Los Flamencos National Reserve with a professional guide. Lunch is included. This is a Round-Trip Shared Transfer and limited to a maximum of 15 travelers.
- Family friendly
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Professional guide
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Pick up and drop off at the hotel with departure from the main hotels in San Pedro de Atacama. If your hotel is not on the internal list, we will look for a place close to your accommodation as a meeting point between you and our company.
- Food and drinks
Ignacio Carrera Pinto 451
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
Ignacio Carrera Pinto 451, San Pedro de Atacama, Región de Antofagasta, Chile
The tour begins in Piedras Rojas, an impressive geological rock formation located in the Aguas Calientes Salt Flats. It will stun you with its fascinating and beautifully red colored landscape, caused by oxidized iron.
Continue on towards the Altiplano to visit the Miscanti and Miñiques lagoons, which are located at over 4,200 meters above sea level. They are surrounded by impressive volcanoes which originate from the formation of the Andean mountain range and are inhabited by a wide variety of wild birds. A truly surprising destination.
Then visit the Chaxa Lagoon, a spectacularly beautiful setting, which is split into various clear water lagoons, inhabited by both Andean and James flamingos. Finally, before heading back, and enjoying the views of the Licancabur and Lascar volcanoes, visit Toconao, a traditionally colonial-style village, famous for the bell tower, which has been declared as a National Monument, and the San Lucas church.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wear a windbreaker or regular jacket, gloves, water, sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Do not forget to bring cash to pay for the ticket
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Despite expecting to be on an English speaking tour, the majority of our fellow guests were Spanish. The poor guide had to give out the information twice and the result was it was all a bit rushed. However our guide was excellent and gave us a lot of information about things which interested us, when we spoke with him alone. The stop at the village should have been later when all of the stalls were set up. Last thing? Fantastic value hand knitted goods. The flamingos were wonderful and the lagoons a breath-taking sight without too many tourists. The silence was phenomenal and you could hear the flamingos lapping at the water. Lunch was not worth the stop. The soup was like drinking vegetable water, the poor non veggies had to endure a piece of chicken, a mound of rice and a few tomatoes and slices of cucumber. Come on, with tomatoes and chicken or local vegetable they were harvesting beans and sweet corn plus the interesting array of herbs, you can rustle up a decent sauce. Desert? It looked like school blancmange. Why bother? The local fruit is fabulous. It was a long and at times hair raising drive at speed because of the distances covered and if you're prone to altitude sickness, it will get you at the lagoons. The scenery was amazing though. My suggestions? Take more time, make it a longer day at a slower pace, end with the market. Lunch? Forget the soup, make a decent tomato based stew with either veg or chicken on a bed of rice followed by fresh fruit. And double the pay of the brilliant guide and driver!