- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Discover archaeological wonders on the southwestern coast of Easter Island on this half-day tour, including The ceremonial center of Vinapú includes one of the largest ahu in Rapa Nui. This ceremonial center similar to the Inca constructions of Cusco. The cave paintings of Ana Kai Tangata and the stone masonry homes of Orongo village. Watch the waves crashing against cliffs while you imagine the history of the place, and admire the crater lake near the inactive Rano Kau volcano. As you explore, learn about Rapa Nui culture and the legends surrounding the mysterious birdmen
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Private tour!
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transportation insurance
- Bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Entrance Fee to Rapa Nui National Park (CLP 56.000 or USD 80.00)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Easter Island Pier
Easter Island Pier
Monday, Wednesday & Friday
After pickup from the Hanga Piko Port in Hanga Roa, your private experience begins! You'll be driven to the Ahu Vinapu ceremonial complex. The ceremonial center of Vinapú includes one of the largest ahu in Rapa Nui. This ceremonial center has an extraordinary platform, which stands out for having an architectural structure composed of large slabs carefully wedged, similar to the Inca constructions of Cusco.
Then re-board the minivan and travel south to Ana Kai Tangata, a cave along the coast.The only cave on the island to contain ancient pictures, many believe this location served as the starting point of the annual Tangata Manu ritual practiced until around 1800. As you listen to the rhythmic crashing of the surf against the cliffs and hear ancient legends, imagine the men selected from each tribe leaping from the cave and swimming toward the islet of Motu Nui to collect the first egg laid by a sooty tern. Many drowned or were killed by sharks. The first man to return with the egg was rewarded with riches for his tribe for the rest of the year.
Leave the cave and set sights on the Rano Kau volcano and its crater lake. Capture this dramatic landscape from three different vantage points before your guide takes you to the village of Orongo at the southern tip of the island.
Orongo contains 54 restored oval-shaped houses constructed out of slabs of shale, each with a small square entryway overlooking the ocean. Note the abundance of birdmen petroglyphs here, and learn about the site's use as a ceremonial center for birdmen rites between 1600 and 1866.
After your guide's introduction to village lore and legend, spend a little over an hour exploring the site on your own before transport back to the port for getting on the cruise.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Remember to be ready from 9:30 AM for enjoying your trip! Please let us know If you have a delay while dissembarking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if the tour/activity is missed due non-arrival of cruise ship
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- If you will not be arriving at your destination within the specified reconfirmation period, please reconfirm with the local service provider prior to travel, or upon arrival at your destination. Please note that departure times and locations may vary slightly
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Please consider that if the ship can't arrive to the destination due to the bad weather conditions and we don't have this information at last 24 hours prior the departure of the tour, we will have to charge the 100% of this booking.
If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.