- 11 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Cerro Pintor is a
day tour to the Andes behind Santiago. You can experience a
hiking activity at high-altitude with beautiful views to the surrounding peaks and Santiago in the lower central valley.
The hike starts at 3000 msnm (9850 fts), dry air and warm sunny conditions may be demanding, otherwise the trail doesn’t have technical steps and is well marked.
For this trip you can decide whether to spot, at Piuquenes Lagoon (3.500 m) or to continue to the 3 differents summits on the way: Falsa Parva (3.900 m), La Parva (4.000 m) or the final one El Pintor (4.200 m) (13.800 fts)
You will decide that day depending on the weather conditions, your motivation and the help and experience of the guide.
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Hotels in Santiago City, or airport
06:30 am 07:30 am
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Your hotel, or airport or any place in Santiago City
Guided by a professional Ecotourism projects manager with Wilderness First Aid certification, technical courses and deep knowledge about the area, geology, plants, birds and much more!
Mode of transport depends on the size of the group: From 0 to 3: a 4wd Ford Ranger or similar, from 3-6 a Hyundai H1 Van, From 7-10 Nissan NV 350, from 10-16 Mercedes Sprinter 515
Attractions visited: Farellones mountain town, La Parva Ski resort, Laguna Piuquenes, El Pintor
Meals included: Cheese and wine, sandwich, cereal bar, fruits and water.
This a high altitude hiking tour, You need to have good mental and physical conditions, You may have altitude sickness up there: headaches, nausea and exhaustion due to less oxygen and dry air.
07.00 AM Pick up at your place in Santiago
09.00 AM Arrive at parking area at 3.000 msnm
09.30 AM Start hiking up to Laguna Piuquenes (3.500 msnm)
11.00 AM Arrive at Laguna Piuquenes and have a break: snack with a view
13.00 PM Reach El Pintor summit (4.200 msnm)
13.30 PM Start the descent to the car
15.30 PM Reach the parking area
17.30 PM Drop off at your place in Santiago
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.