- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Get out of the city and head for one of the hundreds of summits surrounding Santiago on this half-day hiking tour and donate a tree plantation! Test yourself with a challenging hike to the top of Mount Alto del Naranjo. At an altitude of 6,200 feet (1,890 meters), the peak offers panoramic views of the Central Andes, as well as the Chilean capital, Mount Plomo, and Iver Glacier.
While you walk we are going to plant a native tree in Patagonia through Reforestemos Patagonia ONG
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private transportation
- Guides: One guide for every four clients
- Hiking poles
- Snack (isotonic juice and granola bars)
- VHF Radio and Satellite Phone
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Airport pickup and drop-off (at extra expense)
- Personal clothing (check "Gear"
- Small backpack (rent available)
- Personal insurance
- 30 USD fee for airport pickup and drop-off
Your hotel in Santiago, the airport (at extra expense) or another prearranged meeting point
Returns to original departure point
Your day begins with an 8 am pickup from your Santiago hotel or another prearranged meeting point. Greet your guide and small group (a maximum of 12 people), board the vehicle, and travel around 40-minutes to the beginning of the hike.
After about an hour of walking, the path continues along the edge, offering views from both the east and west sides. Just after 11 am, you reach the summit. Take some time here to soak up the views of the Andes Range and Mount Plomo before beginning your descent.
Your tour concludes with a drop-off back at your hotel at around 1:40pm.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- A minimum of 2 people per booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Warning: For some people, this is a difficult and intense hiking. Of course, this will feel different depending on your shape and if you are used to hiking.
- In summer some parts of the path have loose gravel making the descend slippery. We provide hiking poles for a better balance and encourage to bring hiking shoes.
- Please note: This activity could include hiking in irregular terrain, sudden changes of weather, and walking under strong sun, and is challenging for people who are not used to hiking. In the spring and summer, there is loose gravel on the path. Hiking poles for better balance will be provided.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
This is an experience!! The service was personalized with a friendly, knowledgeable guide. You get an amazing view, experience, and workout from this tour. Walking poles, snacks, and drinks are provided. I would recommend you come prepared with the appropriate clothes, shoes, a hat, and a backpack. Also, I would highly recommend sunscreen. It's to your discretion if you want to bring extra snacks and water too. I can see this hike being difficult to anyone who doesn't come prepared or is not in the mood for an extraneous workout.
This was an amazing hike. I was not prepared for the level of difficulty. This hike involves scrambling up a very steep and rocky trail to an elevation of about 3600 kilometers. I highly recommend using the hiking poles which are provided. Wear comfortable clothes and good hiking shoes.
This is a must tour. We loved it and it was our favourite tour we did during our stay in Santiago. We visited the ski resort of Valle Nevado and then did a small walk in the snow to a brilliant look out where we enjoyed a bottle of Chilean red, some cheese and crackers and a few nibbles. The view was AMAZING. Thank you to Nicholas who was our exceptional tour guide for the day. He looked after us and was very informative. We enjoyed the day immensely.
Pros: The views were breathtaking along the way and especially at the top. On one side, you can see the beautiful Andes and on the other side the entire city of Santiago. Also, our guide was great. He was very informative and professional. Snacks, water, and trekking poles were provided to us. Very personalized service. It was just me and my husband, which was great. We were picked up from our AirBnB right on time.
Cons: I don't think the hike description captures how difficult this hike is. I would describe it as extraneous and somewhat dangerous. And I am saying this as someone who hikes on a very regular basis. The hike up is very steep. Again, it's beautiful views and worth it but just be prepared that you will exert a lot of effort to get to the top. But that's not even the real issue. The hike back down was a bit terrifying. The trail is essentially composed of dirt and loose rocks. So be prepared to slip a lot and potentially fall. I fell about 5 times, and that's with the aid of trekking poles. That part was kind of stressful and if the description had done a better job of describing the terrain I may have opted for something less challenging while on vacation. But, if you are seeking something quite challenging and not afraid of an adventure then this hike is definitely for you.