- 12 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Enjoy a winter adventure as you go on a snowshoeing hike at Cajon de Maipo on a full-day tour. This is the perfect option for all those adventurous travelers who want to have a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Discover the Andes Mountains through a winter panorama in the Maipo Canyon with snowshoes and enjoy stunning views of San Jose Volcano! This tour includes a professional guide, box lunch, appetizers and wine, transportation.
DIFFICULTY: Medium high. The first hour of the hike is steep and then it becomes flat. Altitude increase of 600 meters. Tour subject to change due to weather conditions (rain or snow).
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Bottled water
- Box lunch
- Bilingual guide
- Snowshoes and trekking poles
- Complimentary Insurance
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Santiago Metropolitan Region, Santiago Metropolitan Region
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels and hostels in Providencia, Vitacura, Los Condes, and Santiago Centro. If you are out of our pick up range just put in contact with us !
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
We are going to a unique area close to the city of Santiago, named Cajon del Maipo. This is the place where you can do adventure tourism activities and enjoy the nature and the majestic Andes Mountain range. We will leave Santiago towards San José de Maipo where if you want you can have a rich breakfast and drink a coffee in a traditional place and later start again the trip. We will visit the small characteristic town of San José de Maipo, thanks to our professional guides we can learn about the interesting history of this place and about the local culture. Later we are going to continue the trip on the side of the Maipo river, one of the most important rivers of the region, up till the point where we will drop off the van. From this point we are going to start the walk with snowshoes, during this walk we will have the possibility to enjoy breathtaking landscapes covered by snow and to refresh our body with pure air. After a walk of 4 to 6 kms (2 to 4 miles) we will arrive to La Engorda valley, where we will reach a lookout where we will have the best view of San José Volcano. This Volcano is considered active due to its last eruption in the60´s. While staring at this stunning Valley, we are going to share a delicious lunchbox and we will have a moment to take pictures and to relax thanks to the peace of the mountains. Later we are going to start our walk back to the van where where we will share a tasty glass of Chilean wine. In the late afternoon, evening we are going to arrive to Santiago with our bodies and our minds restored.
During winter, if you booke Andes day Volcano it will take you to this tour, since its the same area, just the winter conditions are different.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- It is recommended that you bring sunscreen, trekking shoes, sun hat and jacket, warm clothing, camera and backpack
- Seasonal tour operating June to September
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
La excursión está muy bien organizada, la recogida en el hotel fue muy puntual y la conducción hasta el lugar de inicio de la caminata muy segura. El lugar donde se realiza es impresionante, y la caminata pues no pudimos hacer raquetas por falta de nieve suficiente, una pena, de ahí las 4 estrellas otorgadas en lugar de 5!! no tiene dificultad alguna, salvo para quienes tengan problemas con la altura. Además, la comida, en un entorno precioso, está muy buena y el vino es un plus!
Y los guías, Estefani y Nicolás, son estupendos!! Super cordiales, con mucha capacidad de transmitir sus conocimientos sobre Chile y el área geográfica donde se realiza la excursión, así como técnicos. Se complementan perfectamente.
A magnificent trip. Better than we expected. The views are astonishing. You get right out in the middle of the snowy Andes and are surrounded by a spectacular panorama. Somewhat difficult, but not too much so. The lunch was very well prepared. Our guides, Andres and Mauricio, were both excellent. Kind, interesting, interested, and a pleasure to be around.