- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
On 4 hours trekking tour visit the fascinating caves of Easter Island and learn how this place were used by Rapa Nui people as houses or temporary shelters or just as burial purposes and hidden places. Accompanied by a private tour guide you will walk off a beaten path and enjoy all main touristic caves from inside to outside. You will also understand about the volcanic origin of the island and its geographical formation.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees: USD 80 per person
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
Begin this trekking being picked up at your hotel on a private transportation by your tour guide. On route to the west side of the island your will start your trek to explore Ana Te Pahu, the biggest cave of Rapa Nui. Known as the “cave of the bananas” this lava channels go along an important territory. A few meters ahead get amazed by Ahu Te Peu, and interesting area with an important archaeological value. There used to be a village where you can see the biggest boathouse in the island. You will also see few ahus or ceremonial platforms with 4 knocked moai down. Continue your trekking you will stop by Ana Kakenga, an interesting cave that that has two openings in its end formed by the lava decanting towards the sea, from where you can watch the cliffs and the closest coastline with an impressive view to Motu Tautara.
We will walk back to the vehicle and drop you off at your hotel or any desired point at Hanga Roa Village.
Lunch is not included in this tour however we recommend you to bring your own snack and plenty of water to take along this trekking.
A National park ticket will be required for this tour. This ticket will be sold by Ma’u Henua stand at Mataveri airport. or at the office located at the main street of Hanga Roa and is not included in the total price. Hot and humid conditions can be expected. It is recommended to wear lightweight, comfortable clothing, a hat, sunscreen and flat and comfortable shoes. You should be in good physical condition and able to walk at a medium pace in the heat/rain in order to participate. As this excursion walking over unpaved, dirt and sometimes uneven surfaces, it is not recommended for guests with walking difficulties.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Activity NOT VALID for cruise passengers (Port pickup is not available)
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.