- 11 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Now you can enjoy this part of the W trek without to worry to find an accommodation inside the park.
- Shared Transportation
- Bilingual trekking guide English/Spanish
- Box Lunch (Mineral water, fruit, brownie, oats cookies, juice box, sandwich)
- Seat insurance
- Optional trekking sticks
- Optional raincoat
- Optional gaiter
- Hotel in Puerto Natales pickup and drop-off
- Life insurance
- Hielos Patagonicos Catamaran ticket (it cost CLP20.000)
Pick up at 6:00am from your accommodation in Puerto Natales and transfer to Pudeto to cross Pehoe lake, disembarking in Paine Grande area (catamaran ticket is not included in the price). From here stating the hikking ahead to Grey glacier viewpoint, to enjoy an espectacular view of this imposing to enjoy a spectacular view of this imposing mass of ice that emerges from the Southern Ice Field.
In the begining we walk next to a litte lagoon, leaving behind the Pehoe lake. We will get to "Quebrada de los Vientos" (Broken of the winds), just before to get a place with big rounded rocks where the southern beach of Grey lake is visible, normaly populated of ices. We will continue with our trekking for approximately 2 hours, in northwest direction. Our trail have a flat land with a few Lengas and then reach an area of about 450 meters above sea level. From there a slight descent begins with Grey lake on our left.
Half an hour before arriving at the Grey shelter, we will appreciate a humid terrain and abundant vegetation. Later, we will cross a bridge over Olguin river, located on a part of the river. After of 15 minutes, a short descent will take us to the shelter. From there, a short walk will take us to the viewpoint of the Gray Glacier.
At the end, the return is for the same route to Refugio Paine Grande, from where we will take the catamaran to the Pudeto area, arriving to our vehicle that will take us back to Puerto Natales, arriving in the city around 9PM.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 12 years
- A high amount of walking is involved
- This excursion does not operate on December 25th and January 1st.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.