- 11 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Now you can enjoy this part of the W trek without to worry to find an accommodation inside the park.
- Shared Transportation
- Bilingual trekking guide English/Spanish
- Box Lunch (Mineral water, fruit, brownie, oats cookies, juice box, sandwich)
- Seat insurance
- Optional trekking sticks
- Optional raincoat
- Optional gaiter
- Hotel in Puerto Natales pickup and drop-off
- Life insurance
- Hielos Patagonicos Catamaran ticket (it cost CLP20.000)
At 06H00 Pick up at the place of accommodation in Puerto Natales and departure to Pudeto area. There you will cros the Pehoe lake until Paine Grande (catamaran ticket is not included in the price) and start the hiking to Valle del Frances on a trail which runs along the north shore of Lake Pehoé.
On a few minutes later you will see a light ascent that allows to leave the lake behind you, and appreciate the Cuernos del Paine ahead (2,600 meters above sea level). Then the path turns sinuous, and penetrates a flat area with little vegetation, due to the persistent wind. Then you have to cross a stream by a wooden plank.
Then you will pass through Punta Bariloche (2,600 meters above sea level) after 30 minutes you will reach Skottsberg lake, known for the occasional swirls thats the wind produce on theirs waters. The trail continues along the western shore of the lake, with the Paine Grande views (3.050 m.), as well as a minor waterfall and some glaciers on the left.
Continues with the hiking next to Skottsberg lake to get a incomparable view of Paine Grande massif, with the majesty of its ice. Continues foward to Campamento Italiano with an espectacular environment, front of Paine Grande and Frances glacier. From here you can continue towards the interior of the valley, one of the most beautiful corners of the whole park. The route through inside the French Valley starting on Italiano camp and after 1 hour and a half we get to a open a windy place called Mirador (680 meters above sea level), place with a beautiful view. The east you can see Cerro Hoja (2.200 meters), Espada (2.500 meters) and Fortaleza (2.681 meters) on south you can see Nordenskjöld, Pehoe and Toro Lakes.
Then, the trail return to the forrest shadows and it becomes less demanding. The footprint follows the shadow of the trees by the same level, parallel to the French River. The notorious Aleta de Tiburón (1,717 m) is visible, so called because of its similar shape. The path leaves the forest towards an open area, which constitutes a second privileged viewpoint. After concluding with the view of this wonderful place, we start the return to the Paine Grande area to board the boat that brings us back to the Pudeto place and start the return to the city of Puerto Natales, arriving at the end of the day.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 12 years
- A high amount of walking is involved
- This excursion does not operate on December 25th and January 1st.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.