- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Mountain Bike in Patagonia, Small Groups, Local Guide
This track has it all! It is a challenging adventure across an a fairy-tale landscape of fissures, old forest and moss. The start is less than 20 minutes drive from downtown Punta Arenas sets in front of the Mallelans strait and sorrounded by the paatgonian mountains. Great scenery, 90% downhill, technical sections, flowing singletrack who ends in Cerro Mirador, our local skiing center, with an amazing view from where Darwin was sailing.
- Excellent value for money
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Led by a local guide
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Round-trip private transfer
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, other than the "value added offers" specified in your guidebook
We departs from the specific arrival port
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
From monday to sunday
MTB Full day in Punta Arenas
Our MTB full day in Punta Arenas, is certainly a Patagonian experience, where you can enjoy everything that this beautiful area gives us, from protected forests , unique trails, outstanding views and a very special climate will accompany us douring our adventure.
Our trails are located next to the city, one of the advantages of this place is that to start riding toward forests is not farther than 20 minutes from the Port.
After picking you up and drive where our ride begins , we will have a short but important technical talk , we will set up our bikes and equipment for maximum comfort , to enjoy our adventure.
Our tour can be divided into 3 areas, La Araña trail, Reserva forestal Magallanes Area and the ski center, each trails offers different soils, views and abilities.
We start in La Araña trail, an old logging road through lenga and coigue forests, we will ride to the highest point where we have a spectacular view of the Strait of Magellan, Tierra del Fuego Island and the otway sound, this is where we began our first decent, 12 minutes of action and adrenaline between forests, tobogans, magical patagonian colors.
After crossing a small stream we continue towards the reserva forestal Magallanes where we will have our fully energy snack in a protected native forest, here is were we start our way towards the ski center, along the north side of the Rio de las Minas, this It is the most important river of Punta arenas city, this decend will take approximately 20 minutes, where we will make some stopsto apriceiate the spectacular view of the magellanic landscape.
The Punta Arenas skiing center (Club Andino de Punta Arenas) is one of the first ski centers in the country, today continues as conventional installation and is giving way to the development of mountain biking, it has several tracks designed to enjoy this activity in which we have actively participated in the improvement and design.
After a short break we will enjoy the last part of our tour using these southern mountain bike trails .
On our return to the hotel we can recommend a good restaurant or tell you where the services are in the city .
Tour Duration 6-8 hours depending on the pax skils
from Monday to Sunday
Departure time ( depending on arrival time to PUQ ) 8 or 9 a.m.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.