- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Embark on an unforgettable full-day private tour of a 1,500 acre estate and winery in Santiago de Chile. The tour includes wine tastings and lunch at the winery restaurant. You'll also have the opportunity to bike through the vineyard and learn from experts about the art of wine-making.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- A la carte lunch included
- All necessary equipment included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Bottled water and snacks
- Wine tasting
- Driver guide
- Vineyard guide
- Wine tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of bicycle and helmet
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Hotel pickup is available from any place in Santiago de Chile.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Hotel drop-off is available for any place in Santiago de Chile.
Your driver will pick you up in a private car or van at your hotel, apartment or any other place in Santiago around 9:00am.
During the drive into the estate, you'll see miles and miles of vine varieties and centenary forests teeming with native plants and trees, as well as irrigation ponds filled with aquatic birds. The hills on the grounds are full of history, including footprints from the Inca empire.
Upon arriving at the estate, you'll get to explore the 1,500 acre, private estate by mountain bike. You and your group will cycle through the grounds and encounter vineyard workers doing the tasks of each season from planting to managing weeds to harvesting. There are biking routes with different levels of difficulty that you are able to choose in advance, so you will be able to fully enjoy the bike tour according to your preferences and physical condition.
After the bike tour, you will return to the winery facilities where a wine expert will show you the wine elaboration process: harvesting, selection, pressing, fermentation, aging and bottling. The expert will give you a comprehensive overview of Chilean wines as a whole and will tell you about the peculiarities that make the Maipo Valley wines so excellent. You will be able sample a premium oil and at least three different wines.
Then, you will enjoy an a la carte lunch at the Italian Chilean restaurant, Zinfandel, a gastronomic experience that also takes place inside the Terramater winery estate. A sample menu might include: Mediterranean salad, pumpkin cream or marinaste fish; a cup of wine; a main course: free choice of pasta and different sauces; free choice of dessert, coffee and tea.
Before you leave, you can visit the TerraMater wine and deli shop. The shop offers a variety of local products and a representation of pastas and sauces imported from Italy.
Your driver will drop you off at your hotel or other accommodation in Santiago de Chile between 8:00 and 8:30 pm.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- We recommend you to wear comfortable sportswear
- Personal food or drinks are not allowed
- Photography is allowed and recommended
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.