- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
On this exciting tour, we will visit the impressive Tatio Geysers, at 4000 meters above sea level on the Andean plateau.
- Professional guide
- Pick up and drop off at the hotel with departure from the main hotels in San Pedro de Atacama. If your hotel is not within the internal list, we will look for a place close to your accommodation as a meeting point between you and our company.
- All Fees and Taxes
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
Return to the original starting point
Our journey to the Altiplano starts in the early hours, so we can watch the sun rise in one of the most important geothermic fields in the world: the Tatio Geysers. There are over 70 geysers with pools of boiling water spurting vapor. It is best to see them first thing in the morning, so you can truly appreciate the beautiful contrast of colors between the intensely blue sky and the pristine vapor from the geysers.
We will then enjoy a deserved breakfast in this amazing setting, in the shadows of the Andes. This will allow us to warm up, as the temperatures in the zone can range from -2° C to 24.5° C. We will then visit the Pozón Rústico, where you can enjoy the thermal spring waters from the mountains.
On our way back to San Pedro de Atacama, we will travel through some beautiful landscapes, seeing the valleys, flora and fauna and maybe spot some of the local vicuñas and vizcachas – a real highlight. We will then stop off in the village of Machuca, a truly atacameño village of just 20 houses built from clay, straw and cactus wood. The inhabitants of Machuca all dedicate themselves to its tourism and will offer hand crafted Andean souvenirs, as well as typical food from the region such as llama meat, sopaipillas (a traditional bread made from squash) and empanadas. While there, we will also visit the beautiful San Santiago Church, named after the patron saint of the village, as well as visiting the wetlands where we can see flamingos, ducks and other birds.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.