- 12 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Visit the majestic mountains of the Andes through the picturesque valley of the volcano in the Cajon del Maipo. Our snowshoe adventure will begin by picking you and the other adventurers to leave the city of Santiago, heading east towards the mountains. After ascending for approximately 2.5 hours, we will arrive at the Lo Valdes area, at a German mountain shelter to store our snacks for the route here you will marvel at the mesmerizing landscape of the Andes range, while your guide tells you stories of the volcanoes and mountains of the surroundings.
After that, we will continue to "Engorda Valley" in the Andes mountain range to start our 4 to 5 km hike. Before you start, your guide will teach you how to use the snow-shoes. After approximately 3 hours of hiking, you will reach the ending point, to enjoy your hearty box lunch in the heart of the Cajon del Maipo. Afterwards, we will start descending to return to our vehicle and back to Santiago.
- All necessary equipment included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Small group ensures personal service
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (guaranteed only within the pickup range in Santiago)
- Mountaineering Certified bilingual guide (English-Spanish)
- Separate professional driver ensures a safest experience
- Box-lunch (sandwich, dried fruits, seasonal fruit)
- Trekking poles, snowshoes, gloves and gaiters
- Daypack (18L to 25L)
- Bottled water
- Hiking shoes
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from most hotels in the central neighbourhoods in Santiago. (Vitacura, Las Condes, Providencia, Santiago Centro, Ñuñoa).
Exact pick-up time is confirmed the day before, by email after 6 PM. Pick up is between 7AM and 8AM
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Between 18:00 - 19:00pm
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Visit the majestic Andes Mountains via the picturesque valley of Cajón del Maipo. Our snowshoeing adventure will start as soon as we complete all the pickups and depart from Santiago, heading east towards the mountains. Your knowledgeable and expert mountaineering guide will choose the perfect location for this activity. (Depending on snow and weather conditions)
The first stop is a small market where we’ll stock up on snacks for our trek. Shortly after, we will arrive at the starting point of the hike. The guide will give you all the necessary instructions for ascending for approximately 2,5 hours, where you will marvel at the hypnotizing landscape; scour the natural panorama for jagged snow-capped peaks. After walking deep into the “Engorda Valley” in the Andean mountain range, we will stop for a box lunch (usually two sandwich with fruit and snacks per person – vegetarian option available), while your guide tells you stories of the surrounding volcanoes and mountains.
Our guide will lead the way back down to the minivan and then back to Santiago.
• Cajon del Maipo, Detras de la Municipalidad, San Jose de Maipo Chile
• Monumento Natural El Morado, Ruta G-25, Km. 93, San Jose de Maipo Chile
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 14 years old
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 7 people per group
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Guide contacts all the participants the day before the tour with any necessary additional information about the weather and pickup details
- IMPORTANT: Subject to favorable weather conditions. If it rains or snows, you will take an alternative route that will be announced.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Intermediate Hike: Good fitness required
- Recommended clothing: Comfortable waterproof hiking shoes, sunglasses, sun lotion, winter/woolen hat/beanie & sunhat, trekking trousers (ideally if waterproof), fleece jacket or sweatshirt, waterproof winter jacket, Change of clothing is recommended (socks, t-shirt, pants), daypack (18 to 25L)
- Good fitness required
- Let us know of any important medical information
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.