- 1 day (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Experience the walk to the heart of the Andes near the border between Chile and Argentina. Depart on a small-group tour led by an expert Mountaineering tour guide. Feel the country-side of Chile by driving through the outskirts of Santiago. Follow your guide through the winding and snowy trails learning about the Chilean flora and fauna. Don't miss the opportunity to become an experienced Andean Hiker.
- All necessary equipment included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Small group ensures personal service
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Certified bilingual guide
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Box-lunch (sandwich, dried fruits, water, season fruit)
- Rental of trekking poles, snowshoes, gloves and gaiters
- Rental of the trekking shoes (On demand)
Centrally located Santiago hotels & private residences (Las Condes, Vitacura, Providencia, Santiago Centro, Ñuñoa).
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Between 18:00 - 19:00pm
Visit the majestic Andes Mountains through a winter scenic valley of Cajón del Maipo. Our snowshoeing adventure will start as we complete all the pickups and depart from Santiago heading "east" on the way to the mountain range. Your knowledgeable and expert Mountaineering tour guide will choose the location that offers the best conditions for this activity. (Depending on snow and weather conditions)
The very first stop is a small market where we'll stock up for our trekking. Afterwards, we will be getting to a place where your hike into the Andes begins, before you start the snow shoeing hike your guide will explain you how to use snow shoes and how to make sure you do not waste your body energy incorrectly, the guide will make sure to give you all the necessary instructions so you can make the best out of this Andean walk.
After approximately 2,5 hours of ascent, we will arrive to the area of Aguas Panimavida, where you will marvel at the hypnotizing landscape; scour the natural panorama for jagged snow-capped peaks and rejoice the view of "El Morado" in the background, soaring 15,246 feet (4,467 meters) into the sky. After walking deep into the Andean mountain range we will stop for a box lunch, (usually a sandwich with cereal bar, fruit and juice (vegetarian option available).
while your guide tells you stories of the surrounding volcanoes and mountains.
After resting in the heart of the Cajon del Maipo our guide will lead the walk down back to the minivan which will take you head back to Santiago.
Please note: Due to the nature of this tour and weather conditions, there is a possibility that your guide may change the route of this tour.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 18 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 7 people per group
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Guide contacts all the participants the day before the tour with any necessary additional information about the weather and pickup details
- IMPORTANT: Subject to favorable weather conditions. If it rains or snows, you will take an alternative route that will be announced.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.