- 2 days (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
You will be part of an unforgettable experience that will take you to one of the farthest points on Earth. The coldest, highest, windiest, driest and less populated continent. A continent that has been completely sunk by ice, which has not only shaped its topography but also influenced its evolution.
On 1989, DAP began flying to King George Island in Antarctica and now is the private airline with more experience in flying there. This place is one of the only places on earth that is still pristine, It is, therefore, why, it has become an important reserve for the biosphere. Its unique beauty contrasted with its extreme weather conditions, make it an exotic and enchanting destination for all those privileged travelers who are planning a visit to the end of the world. On the aircraft, you will fly over the Magellan Strait, Tierra del Fuego Island, Darwin Mountain Range, mythical Cape Horn and the raft Drake Passage to finally arrive at King George Island, Gateway to the White Continent.
- 1x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Lunch or a snack during the expedition depending on the place and time of arrival
- Half board included per person during the four consecutive nights in hotel
- DAP Plane tickets
- Insurance of civil liability covers all passengers against risks while they are on the airplane
- Insurance of civil liability covers all passengers when boarding or disembarking via the stairs
- Special jacket and a pair of boots for the tour in case you do not have the adequate equipment
- Entry/Admission - Presidente Carlos Ibáñez del Campo International Airport
- Entry/Admission - Hospital de Villa Las Estrellas
- Insurance to cover civil liability derived from any injuries or illnesses while being outside plane
- Appropiate gloves, shoes, waterproof jackets, hat and scarf
Traveler pickup is offered
We recommend arriving at Punta Arenas one or two days before due to weather issues
It is mandatory to arrive no later than 5pm the day before the trip in order to be part of the briefing.
Aeropuerto Presidente Carlos Ibáñez Del Campo, Km 20,5 Ruta 9 Norte, Punta - Arena
Day 1: Arrival to Punta Arenas Airport - Four consecutive nights in hotel, in preparation for the Antarctic journey
Stop At: Presidente Carlos Ibáñez del Campo International Airport, Aeropuerto Presidente Carlos Ibáñez del Campo, KM 20,5 - RN9 Norte, Punta Arenas, Región de Magallanes y de la Antártica Chilena, Chile
You should arrive to Pta. Arenas 2 or 3 days before the day of the trip. We will provide the transfer from the airport to the hotel.
The experience includes 4 nights of accommodation, based in the double room at Cabo de Hornos hotel or similar, with half board included per person, this is contemplated in case there are bad weather conditions and the departure day has to be postponed. If you wish to request a Single room you have to pay a supplement.
At the front desk, you will receive an envelope with all the instructions to participate in the Antarctic briefing which is in our offices. You will have the chance to share with the other participants of this tour, will be received by our host, everything accompanied by a welcome cocktail.
The arrival in Punta Arenas, the day before of the trip, must be NO LATER THAN 5 pm in order to be part of the briefing. Passengers that not participate in this briefing will not be allowed to fly.
Duration: 2 hours
• Breakfast: Half board included per person
Accommodation included: Cabo de Hornos hotel or similar
Day 2: Full-day experience at Chilean Artartica
Stop At: Hospital de Villa Las Estrellas, Airport Rd, Villa Las Estrellas, Antarctica
A transfer will pick you up from hotel to Punta Arenas airport to board DAP flight with destionation to King George Island (Antarctica). At your arrival you will be welcomed by our Antarctic tour guide who will take you on a tour visiting different areas of the island like Villa las Estrellas (first settlement inhabited by civilians), Orthodox Russian Church at Bellingshausen station, navigation on a zodiac boat to Ardley Island to visit some penguin colonies (Gentoo, Chinstrap, Adelie).
After 5 hours of tour (weather permitting) you will take the flight back to Punta Arenas where a transfer will be waiting for you to take you to the hotel.
Duration: 5 hours
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.