- 12 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
La Campana is one of the highest mountains in the Coastal Range, and its summit, one of the best places to see the country in these latitudes, with the imposing Andes Range to the east and the Pacific Ocean westward. Within this large field we can observe mount Aconcagua, the highest of America! and coastal cities like Valparaíso and Viña del mar.
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Parking Fees
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional La Campana
- Accident insurance
Traveler pickup is offered
This is a typical itinerary for this product
We will revive the expedition that Darwin did over 180 years ago. The hike begins at the entrance of La Campana National Park accessed through the town of Olmué (Valparaiso Region), where we will set up the ascent to La Campana mount by taking the path of “El Andinista” that goes through a perennial forest represented by boldos (Peumus boldus), litres (Lithraea caustica), bellotos (Beilschmiedia miersii) molles (Schinus latifolius) and canelos (Drimys winteri).
After walking around two hours the vegetation opens allowing us to admire the surrounding landscape and a subtle marine presence from the western horizon. Oak trees (Nothofagus macrocarpa) come into scene as we ascend by a meandering path.
At 1,260m (4,150ft) ASL, we will find an old quartz mine located in an open area, good time to rest and replenish energies for the second tranche. The last hour is more demanding, the slope increases and we start feeling tired as we approach the summit through granite rocks, to finally reach an elevation of 1,920m (6,300ft).
Duration: 9 hours
Location: Parque Nacional La Campana, Olmue, Valparaiso Region
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.