- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Gain essential insights into Mexico’s past on a visit to Chichen Itza with a private archaeologist. Miss the crowds, heat (98°F) and humidity (65%), by visiting in the early morning, and see parts of the site that traditional tours don’t visit. With pickup from Cancun, experience the majesty of the entire Chichen Itza site and receive personalized attention from your professionally certified guide.
We care about your safety and we guarantee a safe route by toll road to Chichen Itza
- Exclusive to Viator
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Family friendly
- Lunch included
- Professional guide, according to selected option
- Box Lunch for Chichen Itza (includes a sandwich, boxed juice, apple and a chocolate)
- Round transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Toll Road
- Entry/Admission - Chichen Itza
- Fee for use of video camera at Chichen Itza (between $10USD to $25USD)
- All visitors to Chichen Itza will need to pay a local tax of $406 mxn.
1: InterContinental Presidente Cancun Resort, Blvd. Kukulcan Km 7.5, Punta Cancun, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
2: HM Playa del carmen, Avenida Constituyentes 180, entre Avenida 15 Norte y, 20 Avenida Nte., Gonzalo Guerrero, 77720 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
Downtown Cancun please go to the Oasis Smart Hotel at 05:00 am.
Cancun Hotel Zone please head BUS STOP of the Hotel President Intercontinental at 05:05 a.m.
In all the Hotels in the Cancun Zone 24 hrs before your activity you will receive an email with the confirmation of your pick time.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Merida, Chichen Itza 97751 Mexico
Your tour begins with an early morning departure. Arriving at Chichen Itza, join your specialized guide for an in-depth tour of the site, and enjoy the tranquility of your early-morning visit before the crowds arrive.
Throughout the trip, your archaeological guide’s commentary provides essential background to the well-preserved site of Chichen Itza. Learn how this large pre-Colombian city played an important role in Mayan civilization from around A.D. 600 to 1200, and remained a center of worship and pilgrimage until the arrival of the Spanish. Even today, it is still considered a sacred site by the Yucatán peninsula’s Maya population.
Like many of ancient Mexico’s cities, the site was abandoned, and its ruins were hidden by jungle. Hear how the site was discovered and unearthed by archaeologists, gaining UNESCO protection and considered today one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
Your guide will explain the philosophy, cosmology and mythology behind this ancient site, such as the meaning of the stone carvings, pyramids, platforms, ball courts and staircases.
Visit the Observatory, Temple of the Jaguars, Temple of the Warriors and of course the famous El Castillo, also known as the Temple of Kukulkan.
Return around 3:00 p.m. With this Viator Exclusive, your early morning trip to Chichen Itza helps you to beat the crowds so you can enjoy the remainder of the afternoon at your own leisure!
Duration: 3 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that you bring comfortable walking shoes and camera
- Note: An additional fee is required for the use of video camera at the site. The fee is between $10USD to $25USD (depending on the device) and must be paid directly on site on the day of the tour
- Note: The tour is on shared basis and there is a private guide per each group of up to 20 people
- Please note that all visitors to Chichen Itza will need to pay a local tax of $406 mxn.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- We care about your safety and we guarantee a safe route by toll road to Chichen Itza.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.