- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Visit the pyramids of Teotihuacan – City of the Gods – on this archeological tour from Mexico City with a specialized guide.
- All entrance fees included
- Led by a local guide
- Professional private guide
- Round transfer from meeting point
- Liquors tasting
- Entrace to Teotihuacan
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica Teotihuacan
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
1: Hotel NH Collection Mexico City Reforma, Calle Liverpool 155, Juárez, 06600 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
2: Hostal Amigo, A, Isabel la Católica 61, Centro Histórico de la Cdad. de México, Centro, 06000 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tlatelolco, Mexico City Mexico
Pass by Tlatelolco & learn of the importance of the place which was part of the capital of the Aztec empire. See the Plaza of the Three Cultures where Pre-hispanic, colonial and modern Mexico blend.
Stop At: Zona Arqueologica Teotihuacan, Ecatepec Piramides km.22 + 600, San Juan Teotihuacan 55800 Mexico
Your guide meets you early in the morning, head just 30 miles (48 km) from Mexico City to Teotihuacan, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Commonly referred to as the City of the Gods, this pre-Columbian Mesoamerican city is known for its well-preserved murals, vast Avenue of the Dead and the impressive pyramids that mark its landscape.
Arrive at the archeological park before the crowds in the early morning just as it begins to open its gates. Take in the serene and mystical atmosphere as your group meanders through large empty plazas in the absence of the crowds and explore the pyramids. Follow your guide to a variety of less-visited monuments in the complex as well as to famous structures like the Palace of Quetzalpapalot and the Temple of Quetzalcoatl – also called the Temple of the Feathered Serpent – the third largest pyramid at Teotihuacan.
View the intricate murals and other architectural details as your knowledgeable guide explains their archeological significance, shares information on the latest discoveries, and tells stories about the culture that inhabited this ancient city.
Climb the steep steps to the top of the Sun Pyramid and the Moon Pyramid – the principal axis of Teotihuacan. From the summit, view the lengthy Avenue of the Dead, the mile-long (2.5 km) road that divided the city and extended from the Moon Plaza in the north to the Great Compound in the south.
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Tlacaelel, Circuito Arqueológico de las Pirámides de Teotihuacán Entre puerta 1 y 2, Purificacion, 55800 San Juan Teotihuacan de Arista, Méx., Mexico
To complete this experience in this impressive site, you’ll stop in an obsidian workshop with a truly Teotihuacan family, where you will be offered tastings of liqueurs made from cactus as well as tequila, mezcal and pulque.
Right there you will take the lunch (not included) which by the variety of dishes and its Mexican traditional flavor is in itself another great experience before your guide delivers you back to the central meeting points.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please know that you have to be in one of our meeting points prior to the start of the tour wich is 7:00 AM. Hotel NH Collection Mexico City Reforma departure time is 6:20 AM, Hostal Amigo departure time is 6:50 AM
- You can go to any departure points you choose. Please arrive 10 minutes before the start times specified on the departure points.
- Note: There is one guide per each group of 25 people. During high season, groups may be larger than 25 aboard the bus to Teotihuacan, but these are split into groups of maximum 25 people upon arrival
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes
- This is a Bilingual Tour
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.