- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Visit the archeological site of Teotihuacan – a UNESCO World Heritage site – on this private tour from Mexico City with an expert archeologist guide. As you tour the pyramids, plazas and murals and take in the majestic atmosphere, you’ll have the advantage of a private guide who is full of fascinating information about Teotihuacan, which is believed to have been established around 100 BC. You'll also have the chance to climb up the Pyramid of the Sun and Pyramid of the Moon. A tequila and mezcal tasting is also included!
Pick up Hotel is included.
- All entrance fees included
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned
- Private guide (professional archaeologist)
- Liquors tasting
- Entrace to Teotihuacan
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica Teotihuacan
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
You must contact Amigo Tours 24 hours before the tour to let them know of your preferred pickup time.
You can choose to be picked up in between 7am and 12pm
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tlatelolco, Mexico City Mexico
Pass by Tlatelolco & learn of the importance of the place which was part of the capital of the Aztec empire. See the Plaza of the Three Cultures where Pre-hispanic, colonial and modern Mexico blend.
Stop At: Zona Arqueologica Teotihuacan, Ecatepec Piramides km.22 + 600, San Juan Teotihuacan 55800 Mexico
After hotel pickup by your private guide, head about an hour northeast of Mexico City to Teotihuacan. Known as the City of the Gods, Teotihuacan was one of the largest and most important pre-Aztec cities in Mexico, home to nearly 200,000 people from several ancient cultures.
Explore the archeological site’s pyramids, plazas and palaces with your archeologist guide, who is able to give you all kinds of expert information about Teotihuacan’s physical and cultural history and answer any questions you have during your tour about buildings like the Temple of Quetzalcoatl and the Palace of Quetzalpapalotl. Hear stories about the ancient people who lived here and news about the latest archeological discoveries. See large murals, and walk along the Avenue of the Dead (Calle de los Muertos), a 1.5-mile (2.4-km) road that connects the main structures, including the Pyramid of the Moon and Pyramid of the Sun.
The Pyramid of the Moon and the Pyramid of the Sun are Teotihuacan’s most famous — and largest — structures, and you have the opportunity to climb them, if you wish, for outstanding views of the whole city.
Duration: 3 hours 20 minutes
Stop At: Tlacaelel, Circuito Arqueológico de las Pirámides de Teotihuacán Entre puerta 1 y 2, Purificacion, 55800 San Juan Teotihuacan de Arista, Méx., Mexico
After your tour, head back to Mexico City, stopping by an obsidian workshop on the way to meet a local family and enjoy tastings of tequila, mezcal and liqueurs made from native cactus. You may also purchase lunch here (by your own) Your day trip ends with hotel drop-off.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It's recommended you wear sunblock, a hat and walking shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.