- 12 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
The famous archaeological site of Chichen Itza, cenote Ik Kil and the Mayan ruins of Coba in one incredible Yucatan day trip from Cancun.
Visiting Chichen Itza is a “must do” for your Cancun vacation, explore the ancient Mayan ruins with an expert guide and learn all about this fascinating civilization. Discover well-preserved structures like the Kukulkan Pyramid and the Observatory, Your Yucatan excursion continues with a swim in the Ik Kil cenote, a stunning natural limestone sinkhole.
Your excursion continues with a guided tour of the Coba Mayan ruins, ride a bicycle to the Nohoch Mul pyramid where you can climb to the top for incredible views! Lunch, beverages and transportation included.
- Ideal choice for families
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Lunch included
- Small-group tour
- Led by a local guide
- Light breakfast (Banana, Cookies and juice)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
- Cenote Ik Kil and Coba Ruins Admission
- Entry/Admission - Chichen Itza
- Entry/Admission - Cenote Ik kil
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica de Coba
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Not included Yucatan State Tax Chichen Itza 20 USD per person. Must be paid at the check in
Traveler pickup is offered
The afternoon before to the tour we´ll provide to you the pick up time in your hotel lobby. If you are in an aparment we´ll provide the nearest meeting point to pick you up.
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Monday and Thursday
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Merida, Chichen Itza 97751 Mexico
After boarding the transportation at your hotel and a technical stop of 10 minutes, we’ll begin the route towards our first destination, Chichén Itzá.
The main building is the Kukulkan Castle, known as The Pyramid. It is an icon of the astronomical, architectural, mathematical and engineering knowledge and, together with the platforms, they tell us about the past, with their many sculptures and representations of feathered serpents and Chaac masks, the majestic god of rain that lives in the sacred cenote.
Other places like the monumental Ball Game, The Astronomical Observatory, also known as The Snail and the area of The Church are worth admiring, thanks to their masks from the Mayan classic period. Come and explore with us this World Cultural Heritage Site!
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Cenote Ik kil, Carretera Costera del Golfo 3 Kilometros de la zona arqueologica de Chichen Itza, Chichen Itza 97757 Mexico
The second stop of the day is The place of the wind, Cenote Ik Kil. This is one of the accidents caused by the impact of a meteorite against the Yucatan Peninsula and it was an essential part for the active life of Chichen Itzá. Nowadays, it’s open to the public for the delight of visitors from all around the world.
Swimming in the waters of Cenote Ik kil is sharing part of an ancient purification in a place that Mayans considered the perpetual dwelling of Chaac, god of the water and the rain. Cooling off in its waters is entering the eternity, being reborn and rejuvenating in an ancestral mysticism.
Also, it is an official site for world cliff diving due to its waters, which are 60 meters deep. We will have lunch at the restaurant of the cenote.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Zona Arqueologica de Coba, Coba 77793 Mexico
Afterwards, we’ll resume our tour towards Cobá. It is a 1-hour journey to arrive to a place which it’s considered one of the most important cities in the period of glory of the Mayan civilization. With about 50,000 inhabitants at its peak and a total area of 80 km2, there are many iconographic power monuments in its representations and internal and external zac beoobs (white paths) that connect buildings and cities among themselves. The longest path is runs 100 kilometers and reaches Yaxuna, another Mayan city.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- It is recommended that you bring Sports shoes, Sandals or flip flops, Swimsuit, towel, sunglasses, hat, Biodegradable sunscreen and mosquito repellent, a Camera and Mexican Pesos in cash for expenses and tips
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.