- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Experience the heritage and history of Mexico on this 10-hour up-close and personal exclusive tour. See the world´s largest pyramid and its 365 churches at the archaeological zone of Cholula. Continue to Puebla to the UNESCO World Heritage site and the majestic Cathedral at the Main Square. Discover the Chapel of the Rosary, the Convent of Santa Monica and the Onyx and Talavera ceramics factories.
- All entrance fees included
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish)
- Beverages at lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off for hotels outside the pickup zone
Monument to the Revolution
Traveler pickup is offered
Returns to original departure point
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
First, visit the Great Pyramid of Cholula located just outside of Puebla. The Great Pyramid of Cholula is the largest pyramid in the world. The pyramid also features 365 churches including the famous Church of Our Lady of the Remedies located at the top. Although you will not visit Church of Our Lady of the Remedies at the top of the pyramid, you'll be able to view the majestic building from the base of the pyramid.
Your tour continues to Puebla where you'll see first-hand the UNESCO World Heritage site. The majority of its buildings are decorated with tiles and beautifully sculpted freestone. You'll also visit the majestic Church of Santo Domingo, a huge central square cathedral with pink stone and wall tezontle.
Next, visit the Chapel of the Rosary, which is considered the eighth wonder of the art world. From the Chapel of the Rosary, you'll discover the Convent of Santa Monica which now houses the Museum of Religious Art. Your tour will end with a visit to the Onyx and Talavera ceramics factories where large collections of Talavera pieces are made.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Great trip, Guide and Choices, we had a great time. The tour was relaxing and very well planned and presented. Overall rating of the visits, the explanation form the Toru Guide, overall great service.
We were pleased that our group of 10 could travel together (they used a bigger bus as we exceeded the 9 person max for the tour) to see another side of Mexico outside of Mexico City. The bus was comfortable and well navigated by our driver. Our guide, Umberto, was a combination of funny, informative and patient with our diverse group of Spanish and English speakers. Lunch was typical for tour groups (not too exciting) but the setting was very interesting--an old convent. The sights and sounds of Puebla and Cholula were worth the 4 hours on the bus. Overall, everyone was pleased with the trip.
All I have to say is AMAZING tour and take it! You will love it!
Had a great time seeing the place. Guide is very knowledgeable of the place and history. Small group is great too. Had a great time!
Overview: Another great tour booked through Viator. Our guide, Miguel, was fantastic and totally fluent in English with a great sense of humor. You will visit a number of beautiful churches that rival the most magnificent of Europe on this tour. If you're an old church or architecture fan this trip is for you. Plan on lots of driving about 90 minutes out and 2.5 hours back - that's just the way it is on roads and highways that can be exceptionally bumpy. Purchase the lunch option it's quite good. Lots of walking and climbing so wear good shoes and comfortable clothing. A definite return destination!
- Departure details: we were picked up on time at our hotel in a small van, then transferred to a mid-sized bus for the trip. About an hour into the trip we stopped at a rest stop for a bathroom break. On the way there Miguel told us about terrain and topography for the area we were driving through. The rest stop is a great place to take pictures of two volcanoes, weather permitting.
- Cholula: First destination was the Pyramid of Tlachihualtepetl and the Church of Our Lady of the Remedies. To get to the church located at the top of the pyramid which looks like a big hill we went through a 300 foot archeological tunnel. Once we emerged we began our trip up to the top where the church is. It's a good climb but the path is well paved. At the top the church is beautiful with 360 degree views of the Cholula and Puebla region.
- Puebla: Adjacent to Cholula, we visited another beautiful church then had a good lunch at a local restaurant, followed by two more magnificent churches one being the cathedral in Puebla. We then had about an hour to stroll around the main plaza in Puebla. NOTE: the plaza is beautiful but it is not necessarily a tourist destination in and of itself. It's a shopping and restaurant district for the residents. Nice place but don't expect to buy any souvenirs per se. Additionally, the description of the tour lists a visit to onyx and Talavera ceramics factories, which we did not and after a long day I'm glad we didn't.
Interesting tour. Great guide. We used this trip to transition from Mexico City to Puebla. Guide was very helpful.
Miguel was a wonderful guide! He seemed genuinely excited about showing us the designated sites and explaining their history. The driver of the van was really good too! sorry...can't remember his name.The churches Miguel showed us were stunning and his knowledge of their history and the art inside was very thorough. I really loved going through the tunnels in Cholula too! If I could change anything, it would be to have more time in Cholula and a simpler lunch in Puebla.
Great tour with great guide. Really enjoyed the commentary and pace of the tour. It was a bit hectic in Puebla as we did not get too much time to stroll around the town itself, however it does have a great coverage of all important things to see in Puebla. Cholula was worth it. Had enough time to explore the pyramid.
Very good tour, with professional guide, recommended to everybody!
This is a really wonderful small 12-15 people trip-Sergio was our tour guide, he was so attentive, informative and interesting. Everything was great about this trip, from being picked up at our hotel in the morning and dropped off at the end of the tour, to going to Puebla and seeing the beautiful pottery and visiting the churches in Cholula, don't miss this trip. Loved the hotel in Puebla where we had lunch. This trip has convinced me that small group tours are the way to go. Loved Puebla and Cholula-Thanks Sergio!
it was great and we all have an amazing time while join Puebla and Cholula tour, thank you.
Picturesque countryside and rich cultural history ! Don't miss this tour!
Great day trip with great tour guide. Tour guide was very knowledgeable and enjoyed his job.
Worth every penny, these cities are amazing and the history is mind-blowing.
Great tour manager Miguel and driver! The tour was pretty entertaining and well given. The meal included was pretty bland and we would have preferred to have free time to eat somewhere else. The sights and explanations were pretty good. Definitely recomended. One minor thing, the AC of the van did not work properly, making it for a pretty steamy ride.