- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
The archaeological site of Muyil is located in the northern part of the Sian Ka'an Biosphere reserve. This ancient Mayan trading post is the perfect place to enjoy astounding Mayan temples such as the 17 meters (57 ft) building known as El Castillo in the incredibly diverse semi-deciduous forest of Sian Ka'an. From the archaeological site you will take an interpretive trail towards the tallest observation point of Sian Ka'an to admire the exuberant vegetation of the jungle and the fresh water wetlands. Once you reach the Muyil lagoon, you will take a boat across two lagoons connected by an artificial canal that has been in use for many centuries. Xlapak is the name of the building at the beginning of the lazy river and the start of an incredible floating experience in crystal clear pluvial water on its way to the Caribbean ocean. You will float for over 30 minutes surrounded by mangroves, orchids, bromeliads. A delicious vegetarian picnic with seasonal fruits is included in the tour.
- Family friendly
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- All necessary equipment included
- Hotel pickup included
- Lunch included
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (revise confirmation email for pick up time)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Muyil
- Entry/Admission - Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve
- Extra Transportation Fees (North of Tulum)
- 10USD per person extra for pick-ups between Bahía Puerto Principe and Puerto Aventuras. +$20USD per person extra for pick-ups between Puerto Aventuras and Playa del Carmen Colosio Street. +$30USD per person extra for pick-ups between Colosio Street (North of Playa) del Carmen to Iberostar Grand Paraiso.
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from the immediate Tulum area is included in the price. Additional fee applies for pick ups outside of Tulum
Returns to original departure point
MONDAY AND THURSDAY
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Muyil, on Federal Highway 307 Chanyaxche Mexico
Explore the archeological site of Muyil still covered by the jungle and once an important trading post.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve, Sian Ka'an Mexico
Walk through an ecopath through the jungle, climb up a watch tower, explore the fresh water lagoons by boat, float in a lazy river
Duration: 3 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Don't Forget to Bring:
- Bathing Suit.
- Comfortable Shoes.
- Extra T-Shirt.
- Sun glasses.
- Cash (Most of the local vendors only accept cash).
- Only if necessary: Bio degradable Sun Screen & Bio Degradable Mosquito Repellent.
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.