- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Meat-stuffed empanadas, shrimp tacos and sweet Mexican pastries are on the menu for this 3-hour culinary tour of Cozumel. Located off the coast of Playa del Carmen, the island is actually closer to Cuba than it is the Mexican capital, giving its cuisine some Caribbean flair. Get a taste of it with the help of a savvy guide who leads you to five local hotspots for samples of classic Yucatecan food, cerveza and agua fresca. Round-trip transportation from downtown is included on this small-group tour, limited to 12 people.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Free drinks included
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Food tastings at 5 locations
- Drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
MEGA, Av. Rafael E. Melgar 799, Centro, 77600 San Miguel de Cozumel, Q.R., Mexico
Returns to original departure point
Monday to Saturday
Cozumel, surrounded by the blue waters of the Caribbean Sea, is as much influenced by the Mayan and Spanish roots of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula as it is the cultures and cuisine of the Caribbean. During this small-group food tour, indulge in the local fare of the island, where you’re always within arm’s reach of something tasty.
Meet your food-savvy guide downtown and board the minivan en route to small, off-the-beaten-path eateries and food stalls. Start with a favorite snack of Mexican empanadas before moving on to tacos stuffed with fish fresh from Cozumel’s shores. You can wash it down with a cold cerveza.
Visit an open-air market for an introduction to regional produce, spices and other ingredients used in Yucatecan cuisine. After witnessing the bustle of shoppers, your guide stops at a neighborhood family-run restaurant, called a cocina economica, for simple but delicious home-style fare.
Finally, top off your 5-hour food tour with tastes of various sweet pastries at a traditional Mexican bakery. Sip agua fresca —a nonalcoholic fresh fruit juice blended with sugar and water — or enjoy refreshing cola or lemonade. End with return transport downtown and take delight in just having taken a huge bite out of Cozumel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Gluten-free option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Important: Please note tour departs at 11am Cozumel Local time
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.