- 9 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Tour Tulum, one of the most famous Mayan sites, with a private archaeologist — a Viator exclusive available nowhere else! Arrive in the early morning and miss the crowds, allowing you to fully experience the magnificent Tulum ruins, built on a cliff above the Caribbean Sea. With pickup from Cancun and Riviera Maya hotels, you’ll see all the best places within the site. Receive personalized attention from your professionally certified guide.
We care about your safety and we guarantee a safe route by toll road to Tulum.
- Round transportation
- Specialized bilingual guide
- Admission to the archaeological site
- Road Toll
- Entry/Admission - Tulum Archaeological Site
- Food and drinks
1: InterContinental Presidente Cancun Resort, Blvd. Kukulcan Km 7.5, Punta Cancun, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
2: HM Playa del carmen, Avenida Constituyentes 180, entre Avenida 15 Norte y, 20 Avenida Nte., Gonzalo Guerrero, 77720 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
3: Mexican Outlet, Calle Yalku MZA.1 Lote 03 Fracc. 5 entre Ruinas Tamul y Tankah Crucero, Zona Arqueológica, 77780 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
• If your hotel is located in Playa del Carmen (Centro, Playacar, Playa del Carmen or up to the Coco Bay hotel) or in Riviera Maya, please head to Hotel HM
• If you're staying at any hotel in Cancún centro, Playa Mujeres and all center of Cancun, please head to the Oasis Smart Hotel
• If you're staying at a hotel within the Hotel Zone of Cancun please head to Hotel Presidente Intercontinental
Pick Up: 24 hrs before your activity will receive the pick time. ( If your hotel, hostel or condominium is in an area with difficult access the tour operator willl give you a strategic meeting point).
Return point: Returns to original departure point
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tulum Archaeological Site, Carretera Federal, Cancun - Chetumal Km 230, 307, Tulum 77780 Mexico
Start your Viator Exclusive tour after early departure. Join your guide, a certified archaeologist, for an in-depth tour of Tulum — a walled Mayan city perched atop a cliff that overlooks the sparkling Caribbean Sea. You’ll arrive at the site and take in this tranquility just in time to beat the crowds.
As you tour Tulum, a Mayan word for wall, your guide provides informative commentary. Learn about the archaeological studies of the site and the Mayan civilization that occupied it. Hear evidence that places Tulum as one of the major Mayan cities of the 13th and 14th centuries in Quintana Roo, highlighted by its strategic coastal location, its elevation — the highest of any city the region — and its efficient defense system.
As you stroll among the ruins of this important city, you’ll discover what researchers have uncovered: a political settlement along a commercial route that exploited the rich marine resources off the coast. Today, Tulum is best known for its sandy beaches and the remnants of elaborate murals — once painted a vibrant red and blue over stark white walls.
Return in the afternoon and enjoy the rest of your day. With this Viator Exclusive, your early morning trip to Tulum lets you beat the crowds so you can enjoy the remainder of the afternoon at your own leisure.
Please note: Bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen to help beat the heat for the duration of your tour. There will be a beach break in Tulum, too, so come prepared with a suit and towel if you plan on swimming.
Duration: 4 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If the weather allows It you can swim during the beach break in Tulum. Is recommended that you wear a swimsuit and bring a towel if you wish.
- Please bring a hat, sunglasses, drinks and sunscreen.
- You will be back to your hotel at lunchtime.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.