- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Experience an amazing eco-archaeological adventure as you unveil the Maya culture by exploring the ancient cities of the Maya civilization and visiting genuine communities where inhabitants will share their traditions and lifestyle. You'll explore the Tulum and Coba Ruins and learn from the locals at a traditional village as you interact with Maya families.Top off your tour with a swim in a beautiful cenote and a delicious traditional meal. This is a full experience of Maya culture in the Riviera Maya.
- All entrance fees included
- Buffet lunch included
- Free drinks included
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Towels and Lockers
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica de Coba
- Entry/Admission - Tulum Archaeological Site
- Entry/Admission - Alltournative Lifetime Experiences
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Video (available to purchase)
Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen hotels
Between 6am and 7am (depending on your hotel's location)
Monday to Friday
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zona Arqueologica de Coba, Coba, Yucatan Peninsula
Visit temples and the legendary ballgame of this majestic archeological site. Follow the paths to arrive at the Nohoch Mul, the highest temple around, from the top of which you will enjoy breathtaking views of the amazing jungle that surrounds the site. Optional bike rental is available at the site.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tulum Archaeological Site, Tulum, Yucatan Peninsula
This archaeological site is one of the most impressive ceremonial centers of the area because it’s located seaside, which make it even more unique. Learn about the Mayan culture and history of this beautiful ancient city that was occupied in 1200. Admire this beautiful Caribbean beach with turquoise waters.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Alltournative Lifetime Experiences, Playa del Carmen, Yucatan Peninsula
Interact with Mayan families and be part of a community project. Swim in a beautiful Cenote (underground cave with clear fresh water), participate in a Mayan ceremony and enjoy a traditional meal.
Duration: 4 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Bring comfortable shoes, fresh clothing, bathing suit, extra shirt and cash or credit card for crafts and photos
- This expedition is not suitable for children under 6 years old. People under the influence of alcohol or toxic substances won’t be allowed to participate.
- Children from 6 to 12 years old pay kids price. 13 years old children pay adult price
- For safety reasons, at the Mayan village, using cameras and recording devices of any kind (including cell phones, or tablets) are not allowed, except for "action cam" (Go Pro) style, only if it is assembled on a chest or head mount during the excursion. This expedition operates under all weather conditions.
- Rappel & Zipline restrictions
- Harness sizes – XSmall to XLarge
- Harness sizes at Waist – 23 to 42in
- Harness sizes at Thigh – up to 26in
- Maximum weight – 264 lbs.
- Minimum age – 6 years old
- Minimum height – 3.6 ft
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Really nice trip and tour guides. For us, besides the archeological sites, the experience of the local village, the local lunch food, cooking demonstration, and the blessing from the shaman were much more interesting than other tours that offer zip lines, ATVs, or time on the beach. That being said, the descriptions on the Viator website needs some updates. We spent 11.5 hours, not the roughly 8 hours noted in the ad. The ad also mentions harness sizes and physical requirements; probably a copy/paste error from other ads with ziplines. Only true item there is that wheelchair accessibility isn't. The ad should mention that the pictures/video for sale not only include pictures of your group, but a host of (800) stock pictures of plants, animals, local life, and the Tulum and Coba sites, as well as local music.
Our tour started timely and everything was excellent and as described. If you have a choice our tour guide was Servando Benitez. He was without question the best guide I have had for any tour. He was so interesting telling us about different sites I actually saw people pause to listen. Tulum is so beautiful . If I am able to return one day I would even do this tour again because there is so much information. The authentic meal was amazing. Be prepared to do a lot of walking but it is not to bad. I recommend taking the bike taxi at Coba. Dios botik for the wonderful experience and sharing with us.
Our guide was great! It was very informative and a great way to see Mexico's history and people.
The cenotes were beautiful and not crowded. The lunch was authentic Mexican cooking!
Our guide Alex was excellent! Knowledgeable and informative. Coba was great , but Tulum was underwhelming and overrated in comparison. A good tour with a lot of driving - the van was very comfortable though!
Alex was a wonderful tour guide. He was friendly, prompt, and knowledgeable. I highly recommed this tour. We started ealy with the quided portion of Tulum, great idea it was HOT. From here we went to Coba and were free to explore on our own. You can climb the pyramid at Coba, ride a bike over the trails, walk the entire way, or take a bike taxi. Great way to see these ruins and gave my self and the group I went with a chance to take a short shopping and guac and beer break. Next we headed to one of the best meals I experinced on the trip made fresh in clay pots by very friendly Mayan women. Last we visted the Mayan village and got to experience a taste of traditional life. This included being blessed by a shaman before taking a very refreshing dip in a cenote. ABSOLUTELY worth every penny. If you like learning about the past and experencing a small taste of it for yourself this is the tour for you.
This tour was absolutely amazing ! It encompasses all of the Mayan history ,culture ,religion and ancient archaeology all in one inspiring day The tour is run though the quite impressive group Alltournative Our tour guide Tita was outstanding ,smart kind funny an expert in Mayan ruins and culture