- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Authentic Local Experience
The best experience in local Mexican food. Perfect for couples, groups of friends, or families. We walk through the main artery of the city to fill us with typical flavors and smells of Mexico: street stations and restaurants that the locals frequent. A unique and incomparable experience with a knowledgable guide that accompanies you in this three hour tour around the city, typically away from tourist places. If you have an adventurous spirit, and want to taste the authentic flavors of Mexico and it's people, this is the tour for you. Join us!
- Food Tasting
- Local Guide
- Transportation to/from meeting point
ADO Terminal Turistica Playa Del Carmen
5pm Monday to Saturday
Returns to original departure point
The meeting point is at 5pm outside the ADO Bus Station on the corner of Juarez Av and 5th Av.
You will then meet your guide who will give you a breafing of the places your group will visit. Following that, we walk to the city's main square to try our first bites of the tour, while the guide gives a short history of Playa del Carmen. Once finished, we continue on our way to have some locally handmade quesadillas with a special surprise ingredient! From there, we are on our way again to a locally-operated fruit and veggie market, which houses many exotic fruits that are typical to Mexican farming and cuisine. It is at this market, located in downtown Playa del Carmen, where we are going to try local fruit juices, which is also a typical refreshment the locals enjoy daily. Afterwards, your guide will lead you towards one of the best Taquerias in town, at which point tacos are served! Following that, we visit food stands at Leona Vicario Plaza, followed by some esquites and enchiladas. Lastly, we finish the tour with samplings of artisan-made ice cream.
The tour includes 7 to 8 food stops, such as: tamal, huitlacoche, mix of local meats, pastor, esquites, mole, local fruit drinks, local handmade icecream and a visit to a local produce market.*
- Meeting point at Juarez Avenue and 5th Avenue.
- Transportation not included, but can be arranged with an additional fee; please request at time of booking.
- Starting time: 5 pm Monday through Saturday.
* Menu subject to change depending on availability.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.