- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Half-day horseback excursion takes a total of 5 hours to-and-from San Miguel, and includes transportation, comprehensive instruction, riding lesson, 2.5-hours of riding time plus rest stops, and one delicious ranch style meal prepared right after the ride, at one of the casitas, back at the homestead. All of our horseback adventures are suitable for kids as young as 2 years of age, and our eldest guests have been 84 years young!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Family friendly
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Comprehensive riding instruction
- Guided Horseback Excursion (2.5 hours)
- 20 minute break
- Bottled water
- Organic Ranch-style meal
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Coyote Canyon Adventures
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
The first part of our excursion takes us over the plains and amongst the cattle. After a short while we reach the edge of the canyon and begin a 40 minute descent to the bottom of the canyon, where we find a winding river named La Virgen which we will cross at several points. The views are truly breathtaking in every direction and the river crossings fun and exciting. Throughout the ride you will have the opportunity to gallop around.
Half-way through the excursion there will be a stop for a short break to do a little bit of hiking and search for quartz filled geodes, or to simply relax along the edge of the river and take some fantastic photographs.
After this rest stop, continue on your trusty steeds up-and-out of the canyon until reaching it's spectacular cliffs. Here you will make a pause on your horse to take some incredible photos. It is also here that you may wish to rappel off the sheer 120 foot-high cliff faces!
For the grand finale the staff back at the ranch will have one of the most delicious organic ranch-style meals that you will ever experience. This authentic meal includes freshly hand-made tortillas, organic cheese, beans, quesadillas, nopales (cactus), rice, salad, guacamole & salsa, fresh fruit among other traditional dishes.
Duration: 4 hours
Location: Coyote Canyon Adventures, San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not recommended for pregnant women in their first or last trimester
- Ride is suitable for participants with back problems, however trotting and galloping are not recommended
- Dress code: Recommend wearing comfortable laced shoes or boots (no flip-flops or sandals), long pants, long- sleeve shirt or light jacket, & sunblock (cowboy hats are available for purchase at the ranch).
- You are required to enter a preferred departure time, please note this is only required as an indication; Use "Special Requirements" to advise information at checkout
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Our family of five loved the horseback riding experience. The horses were calm yet responsive. The trail was beautiful and the view from the top of the cliffs was spectacular. We even got to gallop a few times which was a trip. The meal at the end was sumptuous. The whole afternoon truly exceeded our expectations.
Great morning riding through canyon. Our cowboys made sure we were all comfortable and able to climb the trails. Their instruction was excellent. Lunch a big treat of fresh food and good company. Advise to wear pants as occasional rub up against desert brush and wear shoes you can soak as crossing river bed can get wet.
beautiful cavalcade, my children and I enjoyed it to the fullest a whole day of adventure and nature.
This tour was even better then I could have imagined. We got to go through one of the most beautiful canyons I have ever seen with real life cowboys! They were wrangling cattle along the way : Our guide, Rodrigo, was the best and made us feel very comfortable. We got to gallop with the horses, something I have never been able to do on a tour before. And overall it was one of the best days on our trips. Highly reccomended
The best most organized tour I have ever been on. Our rancher guide was the best, so organized and proffesional yet fun and personable. He made the entire day a true memorable experience. The horses were well trained and resonded to every command, Just top of the line tour. The best thing too was you were able to gallop on this tour not just trot the entire time. So far the best experience I have had in Mexico thus far in my two weeks into my stay in Mexico. I dont want to get my tour guides name wrong but it started with E.
Exceptional! Beautiful scenwey - very safe horses- fun to ride in the river! Totally worth every penny! Great brunch also!
Excellent! Handsome Cowboys, well behaved, beautiful horses and a delicious luncn.
From the time we were picked up until we were back in town, this trip was definitely an adventure. I was a little unsure of riding up the mountain and down into the canyon, but with expert guides and tame horses, it was indeed a fun time and I would do it again. The meal at the ranch afterwards was amazing. The women and children were wonderful, and excellent cooks. Thank you, Coyote Canyon!