- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
The archaeological site of Cañada de la Virgen is located just 25 kilometers West of San Miguel de Allende. Occupied between 540 and 1050 a.d., it is perched upon a small mesa surrounded by canyons and is made up of four patio/pyramid complexes, an ancient artificial pond and a ceremonial causeway covering the 16 hectares that is now government property. On this tour, you will get to explore this great site accompanied by a knowledgeable Coyote Canyon Adventures guide.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Professional guide (Bilingual)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Canada de la Virgen
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Coyote Canyon Adventures, Zacateros 54, Zona Centro, 37700 San Miguel de Allende, Gto., Mexico
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canada de la Virgen, San Miguel de Allende Mexico
The best way to visit the site of Cañada de la Virgen is with a team of expert guides. The site is located just 25 kilometers West of San Miguel de Allende and you will see it along highly specialized guides who will share their knowledge of the Otomi people and of other cultures of the Bajio region, as well as the Mesoamerican cultures in general.
You will be able to leisurely walk a total of approximately 3 kilometers (2 miles) within approximately 2 hours. This way your tour will encompass all of the archaeological site. You will leave with a more thorough knowledge of this wonderful, historical site.
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You will walk a total of approximately 2 miles (3 kilometers) within approximately 2 hours in order for your tour to encompass all of the archaeological sites
- It is recommended that you bring a hat; sunblock; bottled water --although included; comfortable, well padded walking shoes or sneakers
- Note: No bags or backpacks will be allowed into the site. Small camera bags, cameras and water are OK. Bags can be left in our vehicle or with site staff at the visitor's center
- A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 3 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.