- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Immerse yourself in Mexico City on a city tour offering something for everyone. Whether you're passionate about history and art, or just yearning for adventure, you'll travel by coach to some of Mexico City's major attractions including the Chapultepec area, the Anthropology Museum, Metropolitan Cathedral and the National Palace. All entrance fees are included and your guide will provide informative commentary on all points of interest.
- Professional and bilingual tour guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pickup and drop-off from most downtown Mexico City, Reforma and Polanco hotels included
- Entry/Admission - Museo Nacional de Antropologia
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if your hotel is located outside of downtown Mexico City)
Tour departs from hotels located in downtown Mexico City, Reforma and Polanco
Tour returns at approximately 3pm
Daily, except Monday
You'll visit the Metropolitan Cathedral, which is the largest church in all of Latin America, housing many art treasures of the colonial period. This landmark took over 250 years to build, evident in its various architectural styles.
Next, become a part of a vast cultural and recreational attraction known as Chapultepec area. This 2,100 acre (8,500 sq. km) area contains five museums, two tranquil lakes, a zoo, an amusement park with one of the world's largest roller coasters, a relaxing botanical garden and many quiet walkways.
You'll also visit the National Palace, one of the oldest government seats in the world, which still houses the President's Office and the Ministry of Finance. Become a part of history when you walk through this 1693 palace while observing the Diego Rivera murals that blazon the inner hallways of the building.
Lastly, learn about Mexico's 30 centuries of human evolution when you visit the Anthropological Museum, which is the finest archaeological museum in the world. Here, you'll have the chance to see thousands of artifacts, including burial tombs, giant Olmec stone heads, the famous Aztec Calendar Stone and a reconstructed Mayan temple.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Important: Itinerary is subject to change during holidays and special occasions. Please contact the local tour operator for information and confirmation
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Overview: A great way to gain insight into some of Mexico City's key historic sights. Our guide, Jose, really gets into the details much like a professor who is passionate about his area of expertise. NOTE: lots of walking so wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Departure Details: Jose met us at our pick up point right on time. We then went to two nearby locations where we picked up four other tourists. Our total group had seven persons.
- Metropolitan Cathedral and National Palace: We first strolled through a pedestrian zone/shopping district where we saw lots of colonial buildings. At the cathedral Jose told us all about it and we had time to check it out. A very peaceful place yet it is enormous. We were then escorted into the National Palace a short walk from the cathedral where we spent time learning about the famous Diego Rivera murals. Total time for both places was at least two hours.
- Silversmith and Anthropological Museum: On our way to the museum we stopped in a neighborhood and saw a silversmith at work and had the opportunity to purchase some silver jewelry and souvenirs. The craftsmanship was amazing and the prices very reasonable. IMHO, this reminded me more of a wholesaler than a retailer. Spent maybe 35 minutes there then off to the museum. NOTE: bring your own lunch and snacks so you can spend all of your time at the museum looking around and no time in the cafeteria. We asked Jose if we could purchase lunch at the museum, which we did and it was lovely, but it turned into about a 45 minute sit down lunch which ate into our museum time, pun intended.
- Chapultapec Area: We didn't stroll though this area, although this is where the museum is.
Very good tour! Our guide Jose was very knowledgeable and gave us a lot of information on the history of Mexico. When a couple of people were taking a long time looking in a silver shop, our driver took us to a local church and a small local crafts shop. Was a vey nice tour.
So much ground covered in numerous locations with an extremely knowledgeable guide. Picked up from hotel in modern air conditioned van and straight to it. Great locations - Post Office, Cathedral, Presidential Palace, Tiled house and Anthropology museum. Recommended
Great tour highly informative, excellent guide, great group of people on board! We enjoyed it tremendously, and this is the 2nd time since 2011 when we book this tour. Highly recommend!!!
Wonderful. Too much to absorb in 6 hours and too many things going on at the same time. I did this in a Saturday, it seems like everyone was out to celebrate.
Our tour ended up to be private so we got full attention. Our guide was great - can't remember his name. We moved through the difference sites efficiently.
This tour is an absolute MUST! The beautiful cathedrals, land marks and architectural designs, paintings, museums...along with the shopping excursions - fantastic! To know that the cathedrals are sinking and engineering efforts are underway to preserve these historical landmarks is a once in a lifetime opportunity. If you don't get to the Mayan ruins YOU MUST SEE IT or the Museums YOU WILL KICK YOURSELF IF YOU DON'T GO this tour....ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY AMAZING!!!
Our guide was the best and very informative. Every question was answered and he was incredible!! He was very passionate with the history of Mexico City!! Also very good!!
Excellent tour seeing all that is to see in Mexico city for first time travellers. The tour guides are very informative and desciptive of all that is required to know. It is worth the time and money paid for it.
Highly recommend this tour, Diana was our guide, she was clearly passionate about her country and the City so it made the tour even better. It was really a small taste of what to come back and see more extensively, the Museum of Anthropology is a definite come back.
Thoroughly enjoyed every minute.
We saw everything we wanted to see and More on this great tour. Our tour guide was very enthusiastic spoke English very well and made it an exciting tour. Highly recommend.
Paloma was awesome! You will enjoy Mexico City because she will inform you of where you are going to be standing. She has patience and is very sweet! This tour is a must if you have never been to Mexico :
Francisco was a great guide who was knowledgeable and passionate of Miexican history and culture. His tour of the National Palace and the Aztec section of the National Museum of Anthropology was very informative.
Well done for the time available. It was fortunate that the tour ended in Chapultepec Park, giving the opportunity to explore other places of interest in the area at ones own pace.
This tours IS amazing !! We went TO THE templo mayor , palacio Nacional - murales Diego Rivera and finally we went TO antropólogy museum !! THE guide was so cool , he knows a lot !!
I was abel TO take a lot of pictures!
I was IN the lobys hotel and the guide picked me up.
Thank u guys !
Our very informed guide walked us through the historic area pointing out many buildings and explained their significance. Lots of photo ops throughout. The walk through the national palace was a very interesting view of the Diego Rivera murals. We saw the Frida Kahlo home the next day which tied these two nicely bringing to life the bio I had read of the both of them. We enjoyed the National Anthro museum so much that we came back later on our own. This museum is a visual display that Mexico is so much more than the short span of the Aztecs. It is an excellent survey tour for the price.
Tour guide was great...Francisco was his name. Very knowledgeable......The museum of Anthropology was awesome. Every other stop was wonderful as well.....