- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Uno dos tres cuatro cinco! Join this super fun Mexico City tour to see three of Mexico's best street markets. Whether you're in the market for a magic love potion, voodoo dolls, hot tamales, pretty piñatas, or exotic flowers, these markets have all bases covered.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free snacks included
- Led by a local guide
- Bilingual local guide
- Public transportation
- Samples of local food
- Food and drinks, unless specified
MUMEDI, Av Francisco I. Madero 74, Centro Histórico de la Cdad. de México, Centro, 06000 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Returns to original departure point
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday
At 8:45am, meet your guide and your small group of 12 or fewer at the Museo Mexicano del Diseño in Mexico City.
Your first stop is a market some locals might not even know. Hear about the market’s unique history from the early 20th century, its connection to Mexican artists Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera, and its context within modern Mexican society. Hop back on public transport and visit the bizarre witchcraft market, where you can purchase a superhero costume, a festive piñata, a voodoo doll, a hangover remedy, or any number of magic potions.
Walk a few blocks to a "3-in-1" market that features flowers, prepared food, and fresh produce. This is Mexico City's biggest flower market, where local vendors will sell you exotic flowers that exactly match the color of your eyes. As you wander through the market, sample a cup of pineapple tepache, tamales, Mexican barbecue, fruit cocktail, and exotic mixed juices.
Your last stop is at a local patio for more food samples, ensuring you finish the 5-hour tour with a panza llena, corazon contento — a “full tummy and happy heart.” The tour concludes around 1pm, back at the Museo Mexicano del Diseño.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Small group of a maximum of 12 people
- We recommend dressing conservatively as we will be visiting non-touristy areas. Long trousers or jeans and a t-shirt is recommended. Leave your valuables, such as passports and credit cards, in the hotel and bring a small amount of spending cash. Only small cameras are allowed and during the rainy season (May to September) we recommend bringing a raincoat or umbrella
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.