- 12 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Brace yourself for a BIG day full of all things Mexican on this Mexico City tour to see three of the city’s best street markets, sample local delights like cactus candy, climb to the top of the Sun Pyramid, sip on sacred ancient traditional drinks, and dine with a local family in their home…all in 12 hours of power-touring! Phew
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Professional guide
- Food tasting
- Dinner at local family's home
- Public transportation during tour
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica Teotihuacan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
MUMEDI, Av Francisco I. Madero 74, Centro Histórico de la Cdad. de México, Centro, 06000 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Returns to original departure point
This full day Mexico City tour is a combination of two of our most popular tours; Beyond Mexico City: Hidden Teotihuacan & Family Dinner and tour Mexico City Markets and Food Tour. It promises to give you an incredibly in depth local experience, from the bustle of the city markets to the peace of the suburbs and the serenity of Teotihuacan on the outskirts of the city.
We’ll begin the day by experiencing three of Mexico City’s most exciting local street markets. The first one we’ll visit is a relatively unknown art market, a highlight if you’re a fan of Mexico’s most famous artist exports Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera. Next we’ll make our way to one of the most bizarre markets in the city, before finally reaching a 3-in-1 market offering fresh fruits, vegetables, prepared foods, and the largest flower selection in the city. Along the way, you’ll get to taste a variety of samples until you’ve a food coma, and ready to power nap on the way to the pyramids.
You’ll awake refreshed and ready to encounter the Teotihuacan Pyramids, “where the men become gods”. We’ll begin our visit at the impressive Moon Pyramid, with a guided Teotihuacan tour to learn about the history, meaning, and architecture of one of the most representative icons of Latin America. Our exploration continues with a walk through the Calzada de los Muertos (Dead Pass) to reach the Sun Pyramid, which is the tallest and most spectacular in the area. We will have the chance to climb 66 metres up to the top - without the morning crowds, we’ll have the whole pyramids to ourselves! Once on top you will feel the amazing energy that flows through the pyramids, and you will feel fully recharged and peaceful!
You will have some time to relax and enjoy the pyramids before we continue our walking tour through the streets of a local town and make two stops that will give you a deeper understanding of the local way of life outside the big cities. The cherry on top of our big day will be dinner! We’ll be welcomed into a local family’s home to see how locals live outside Mexico City. Here, we’ll get to experience customary dinner routines and conversations, and enjoy some real local flavours of typical Mexican kitchens. Delicious!
After dinner, we’ll head back to Mexico City, happy, full, and enriched from our exciting day exploring local life, ancient pyramids, and delicious food!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- It is recommended that you bring a camera and cash if you wish to buy souvenirs
- Note: As you will be visiting non-touristy areas it is recommended that you wear long trousers or jeans and a t-shirt
- During the rainy season (May to September), please bring a raincoat or umbrella
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people
- We use public private transportation when there are 8 or more travellers in the group.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.