- 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
While in port in Costa Maya, don’t miss the opportunity to discover scuba! This beginning scuba diving course is especially suited for those who have never been diving before. With a PADI-certified dive master, explore the amazing underwater world of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef, the second largest coral reef system in the world. During your 3.5-hour shore excursion, you’ll be amazed by the spectacular clarity and beauty of the Caribbean Sea. Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 6 people.
- All necessary equipment included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Professional guide
- Use of all necessary equipment
- Taxi fee from pier (yellow taxi only)
- Bottled water
- Port drop-off (taxi ride approx. USD $2)
Specific instructions will appear on your voucher
Tour departs 1.5 hours after cruise ship's arrival
After your cruise ship arrives in the Costa Maya port, make your way by yellow taxi (fare included) from the pier to the dive center – just a short drive away. Before taking you to an open-water dive site, your PADI-certified instructor will guide your small group through a safety course to ensure a fun experience – no scuba diving certification or experience is necessary!
This internationally certified 3.5-hour introductory course gives you all the tools you need to experience the beauty of scuba diving in a safe environment. First, learn scuba diving basics, including how to use your equipment. You’ll have time to get comfortable with your gear prior to going for a guided dive at a designated site in the nearby reef.
Enjoy the easy conditions and warm water, and marvel at the marine life found in the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef – the largest reef in the northern hemisphere. Look for sea sponges, stingrays, baby squid and seahorses in the coral reef, where you will find a multitude of colorful tropical fish and perhaps even eagle rays and sea turtles. You’ll be fascinated by the spectacular clarity and beauty of the Caribbean Sea while you explore its depths!
Please note: If you are traveling with a certified diver, your companion can do his or her first tank while you are taking your class, and accompany you on your dive for his or her 2nd tank.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return to the Costa Maya port for your ship’s departure. In the extremely unlikely event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 11 years
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking; also, advise your shoe size (preferably a U.S. shoe size, otherwise let us know if you are using European sizes etc) at time of booking
- If you are traveling with a certified diver, they can accompany you on your dive also. They can do their 1st tank while you are taking your class, then they can go with you for their 2nd tank.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.