- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Take your Mexican fiesta on board a decorative floating barge for a 3-hour evening cruise in Xoximilco — a Cancun attraction modeled after the pre-Columbian Aztec region of Xochimilco. Ride a flat-bottomed boat called ‘trajinera’ through the canals and enjoy a tasting menu of typical cuisine, including beer and tequila, along with traditional Mexican music. Numbers are limited to 20 people, ensuring personalized attention from your guide.
- Free drinks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Food tastings
- Unlimited tequila, beer and flavored water (open bar)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Local English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Live music such as Mariachi, Bolero and Trio
- Night tour by Trajinera through canals
- Entry/Admission - Xoximilco Cancun by Xcaret
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Traveler pickup is offered
"Xcaret Park opens all year, from 08:30 to 21:30. It is located 36 miles (60kilometers) south of Cancun's International Airport, 3.6 miles (6 kilometers) from Playa del Carmen and 34 miles (57 kilometers) north of Tulum.
You can arrive by car (free parking lot), or take a taxi from Cancún, which will cost between USD 80 and USD 100 (one way). The journey will take about 70 minutes to get to the park. Travel time from Playa del Carmen is about 15 minutes and a taxi will cost approximately USD 15. You can also take a bus from the Bus Station in Cancun (Uxmal Avenue) and in Playa del Carmen (5th Avenue)."
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Returns can start at 11:30 pm to original departure point.
After hotel pickup in Cancun, drive to the nearby attraction of Xoximilco — a tribute to the beauty and grandeur of the original canals and floating gardens of Xochimilco in central Mexico.
Hop aboard a picturesque trajinera and float past other colorful flat-bottomed barges, traversing a network of canals with your guide by night. Decorated with motifs from the 32 states of Mexico, these famous boats are replicas of those once used for transporting flowers, fruit and vegetables grown in the Aztec city’s floating gardens.
Enjoy the festive ambiance on board as you celebrate a Mexican-style fiesta with traditional live music. Your evening cruise includes delicious distinct flavors of Mexican cuisine , — plus tequila, beer, soda and fruit drinks. (See menu options in
Observe canoe-like boats called
chalupas approach the barge with food. These charming vessels also bring along musicians to liven up the mood as various ensembles play traditional tunes. You’ll be enchanted by the mariachi, bolero trio, jarocho quartet and marimba bands that entertain your small group.
Your guide will host your celebration and narrate the legends of Mexico as you coast along, then return you to Cancun with drop-off at your selected hotel.
• Mayan pumpkin seed
• Guacamole and chips
• Squash blossom
• Annatto seed
• Corn on the cob and pear squash
• Oaxacan cheese balls
• Fried silversides
• Baby crickets
• Cactus salad
• Pork in green salsa
• Shrimp with tamarind sauce
• Beef roll with corn sauce and cotija cheese
• Barbecued Mutton
• Chicken with mole sauce
• Steamed fish with wormseed
• Oaxaca milled chocolate
• Amaranth sweets
• Pine nut milk fudge
• Milk caramel
• Corn flan
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- For pick up arrangement you must call to confirm your reservation at least 24 hrs before your visit day.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Important: Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Trajinera maximum capacity - 20 passengers
- Wearing comfortable clothe, shoes and pants is recommended.
- Eco-friendly Insect repellent is recommended.
- Bring cash to by souvenirs and photos.
- Please provide us with information in case of special food requirements.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.