- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Enjoy history, stunning landscapes and aquatic adventures on this combo tour to Tulum, a bluff-top walled Mayan city, and Xel-Há, a natural aquarium and theme park. Learn about the ruins of Tulum from an expert guide before frolicking at Xel-Há, where you can snorkel in a lagoon, float down a river in an inner tube, jump off a cliff or just relax on a beach chair next to iguanas, birds and other wildlife. Food and beverages at Xel-Há and hotel pickup and drop-off in Playa del Carmen are included.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All-inclusive tour
- Food and beverages at Xel-Ha
- Use of lockers, towels and snorkel equipment at Xel-Ha
- Inner tubing at Xel-Ha
- Bicycle ride at Xel-Ha
- Rest areas (hammocks) at Xel-Ha
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Tulum Archaeological Site
- Entry/Admission - Xel-Ha Park by Xcaret
- Optional activities at Xel-Ha (see the Additional Info for a list)
- Drop-off service at the Courtyard by Marriott and Secrets Excellence Playa Mujeres hotels
Traveler pickup is offered
Close meeting point for Downtown Playa del Carmen hotels
Returns to original departure point
Daily, except Sunday
After hotel pickup from Playa del Carmen, head south and arrive at Tulum in about an hour. Upon arrival, your jaw drops in awe at the dramatic sight before you: a walled city perched on top of a cliff, overlooking the sparkling Caribbean Sea and flawless white sandy beaches.
During your 45-minute guided tour of Tulum, learn how this former fort and trading post flourished during the 13th and 14th centuries and played a vital role in Mayan civilization. Merchants from Central and South America would pull up to shore and haul loads of animal skins, salt and other marine resources, obsidian, precious stones and other goods into the walled city. The stone perimeter, enclosing most of the city center, measures more than 1,100 feet long and 500 feet high (335 meters by 152 meters), making Tulum the largest fortified Mayan city on the Quintana Roo coast.
Your expert guide takes you around and explains the major features of Tulum: the Castle, where religious ceremonies were held and which may also have served as a lighthouse; the mysterious symbols in the Temple of the Descending God; and the murals in the Temple of the Frescoes.
Before leaving, admire the stone, cliffs, white sand and azure blue waters one more time, and then enjoy the 20-minute ride north to Xel-Há.
This natural aquatic theme park, located on an inlet along the Riviera Maya, is a combination of creeks, lagoons, natural wells and caves formed over millions of years by underground rivers feeding into the Caribbean.
Snorkel and swim in a lagoon teeming with colorful angelfish and rich marine vegetation. Walk or bicycle down the paved trails and greet iguanas, native birds and other wildlife along the way; or climb to the top of a river and float down in an inner tube. The adventurous can cross a suspended rope bridge, or jump off a cliff into the river below. Explore ancient caves with pools of water, find the hidden beach, or plop yourself down on a beach chair to soak up the sun and gaze at the alluring blue-green Caribbean Sea.
Your all-inclusive tour of Xel-Há comes with snorkeling gear and towels (rental provided but deposit required), locker use, and food and beverages at the park’s five restaurants. Depending on what strikes your fancy, enjoy a selection of Mayan cuisine, burgers and seafood, with alcoholic drinks and nonalcoholic refreshments included.
With your thirst for history, beauty and adventure satiated, you’ll be transported back to your Playa del Carmen hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child prices are height dependent: children over 4.6 feet (1.4 meters) pay the adult price; children between 3.2 feet (1 meter) and 4.6 feet (1.4 meters) pay the child price; all children under 3.2 feet (1 meter) travel free provided they do not occupy a seat
- Optional activities include: Swim with Dolphins (USD $99), Dolphin Trek (USD $149), Sea Trek (USD $49), Snuba (USD $49), Manatee Encounter (USD $79), Stingray Encounter (USD $49), Zip Bike (USD $29), Temaxcal ($USD 31)
- Comfortable lightweight clothing
- Good walking shoes or sneakers
- Biodegradable sunblock
- Dry change of clothing
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.