- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Unique opportunity to swim and snorkel with the biggest fish in the ocean.
A full day adventure a memory for the lifetime.
100% GUARANTEED or you swim with the whale shark or money back or change date !
Ideal for the whole family to spend some quality time together enjoying the ocean, nature and this wonderful, gentle giants of the sea.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free drinks included
- Breakfast included
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Snorkel gear included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Breakfast (coffee, sweet bread, water, orange juice, fruit)
- Lunch (Chicken salad sandwiches, shrimp ceviche or fish, guacamole, fruit.
- Beverages (Water and soft drinks)
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Snorkeling with the whale shark and any wild life encounter like manta rays, dolphins and turtles
- Another stop for snorkeling on the way back near isla mujeres
- Open bar beer after snorkeling activities.
- On request: Veg and vegetarian food, gluten free.
- Entry/Admission - Marina Las Jaibas
- Nacional Park Fee and port tax $10 USD
Marina Las Jaibas
Traveler pickup is offered
Every where in the Riviera Maya.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Marina Las Jaibas
A break for breakfast... and We'll sail to adventure, during our trip we will meet probably, dolphins, manta rays, sea turtles, ask the guide !! he'll be happy to jump in the water with you for an unscheduled snorkeling.
When we meet the whale sharks we'll start our activities.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres, Yucatan Peninsula
Once the activities with the Whale Shark are over
We will sail to Isla MUjeres where we will stop for snorkeling, we'll swim in favor of the current and we'll admiring the colorful reef fish our guides will show you a well-preserved part of the reef and we'll talk about how to preserve this submerged paradise.
The Mesoamerican coral reef the second largest in the world.
And to end our day we will stop on Playa Norte considered one of the ten most beautiful beaches in the world.
Lunch is served... crystal clear water white sand and a fabulous seviche accompanied by guacamole and a cold beer.
Duration: 1 hour
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not permitted for children 5 years old and under.
- Not permitted for pregnant women.
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- What to bring: Cap, sunglasses, shirt, swimsuit, towel, sandals, biodegradable sunscreen, money for souvenirs.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Overall it was a good experience, just too long. Definitely got to see and swim with several whale sharks! The boat crew was great and made an excellent lunch for us. I'm not sure why the tour guide was surprised that most didn't want to stand in the chest deep water at Isla Mujeres after our time with the whales sharks. We spent too much time there. Why have us stand in the water for more than 30 minutes? Roman went to a beach vendor and had time for a couple of smokes on the boat while we stood in the water waiting for lunch, which was tasty. Some of us would have preferred a shorter stop so we could get back to our hotels for beach and beverages.
It took us a very long time to get back to our hotel. Rush hour traffic was horrible and it seemed we had to stop at every light, at which at least 4 cars would go around us when it turned green. Roman got out before we did which I thought was odd.
Overall it was a great whale shark experience but be sure you're ready to be out of your hotel from 6 AM to at least 4 PM, we got back about 4:15.
This tour was better than we had hoped for! Went with my daughter and her boyfriend and our french tour guide from EcoTours could not have been more helpful, enthusiastic, informative or kind. Clare did everything possible to ensure everyone not only enjoyed the experience, but had a GoPro camera to ensure we all had photographic and video memories available for a very reasonable fee to remember and share with family and friends. We went on this trip on July 29, 2016. Yes, it is a long day - we traveled from our hotel in Akumal to north of Cancun by minibus, then well over an hour by small boat to find the whale sharks. And yes, we were extremely fortunate to see and swim with many whale sharks and even manta rays. And yes, I would advise taking sea sickness tablets the night before, and the morning of the trip if you suffer. The ocean was quite rough the day we went, and the time waiting on the surface in between dives even began to get to me after taking these precautions! However, no one on our boat was sick, and we were fortunate to have the most exhilarating experience swimming with the whale sharks, with people who respect the ocean wildlife, with an amazing boat captain and mate, who managed to steer their way safely between many, many whale sharks, and quite a few snorkelers and who were determined to help us make the most of this opportunity. The only things I would change are a I would have booked this tour earlier in our trip, because my husband became ill from food/water and was unable to join us, and b I would have rented the wetsuit offered instead of wearing a life jacket, which was restrictive and a bit annoying for a reasonably strong swimmer and PADI-certified diver. But this was a fantastic experience - quite awe-inspiring and humbling to see these beautiful creatures in their natural habitat.