- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
"Alma" is the word for soul in Spanish and it is how authentic Mexican cooking begins. Join Josefina in her home kitchen for a 3-hour hands-on small-group cooking class (limited to 8 students). Discover and taste the cuisine of Mexico through Josefina's personal family recipes. During this culinary experience you will also get to visit Cozumel's local market. Deepen your cultural knowledge of Mexico by interacting with the local market vendors and then bringing your ingredients home to cook a well-rounded Mexican meal just in time for siesta!
- All ingredients for cooking your meal (multi-course/ multi-dishes)
- Snacks during class
- Beverages (water, aqua frescas - traditional Mexican beverages, Margaritas and beer are available)
- Small-group cooking class - limited to 8 people to ensure a more personalized and hands-on experience
- Josefina's e-cookbook (with 60+ personal recipes)
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from class (although we are happy to provide information on how to get to class from wherever you are coming from)
25 Avenida Sur 271, Centro, 77600 San Miguel de Cozumel, Q.R., Mexico
Returns to original departure point
In the beginning of class there is a brief introduction in Josefina's home and kitchen. Your recipe selections for the day are based on class size. Classes with 8 students will be cooking the famous Yucatecan dish Cochinita Pibil as the main course (for those that don't eat pork, substitutions can be made). However, classes tend to run small so you will have more flexibility in what you can cook for the day (limited to 8 students).
Around the prep-table, you will peruse Josefina's personal recipe book (note: with purchase of this culinary experience the e-cookbook is included - enjoy over 60 personal recipes from Josefina's home kitchen!) or discuss as a group and decide what to cook as a main dish. Many side dishes will already be pre-selected including how to make handmade tortillas, salsas, guacamole, salads and more!
Following the introduction, you will take a short walk to the local market to pick out some fresh ingredients which you will take back to the house. Not only is her class a fun food thing to do it is also very cultural. The remaining class time you will prepare your meal which you will enjoy at the end of class (although, don't worry, Josefina will have some beverages and snacks to get you through the class).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Multi-lingual (class available in English or Spanish)
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian / gluten free option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A small amount of walking is involved and on some uneven surfaces, please be aware
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.