- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
As a snorkeling spot, the Marietas Islands are considered to be one of the best locations in the region. Snorkelers are constantly amazed by the beauty of the reefs and their inhabitants.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Ideal choice for families
- Small group ensures personal service
- Snorkel gear included
- Small-group tour
- Professional guide on board
- Snorkeling equipment
- Lunch and drinks
- Transportation from departure point
- Entry/Admission - Marietas Islands
- Hidden Beach/Playa del Amor
Manuel Rodriguez Sanchez 20
Returns to original departure point
Meet at the dive center prior to the 9am departure time. You will be transported to the marina where you will board the boat then begin the journey to the Marietas Islands.
An UNESCO protected site, the Marietas Islands are the best setting for an unforgettable journey into the wildlife.
The Marietas are a small group of islands a few miles off the coast of Punta de Mita (Banderas Bay, Nayarit). A protected national park since the late 1960's, thanks to the activity of an international group of scientists led by Jacques Cousteau, the Marietas Islands are home to an abundant marine life population; massive sea turtles, manta rays and dolphins are not difficult to spot any time of the year. On these rocky volcanic islands, wind and water have created a warren of caverns and coves. Tens of thousands of birds reside on these rocks, with species like the Blue-footed Booby nesting in only two places in the world - the Galapagos Islands and the Marietas Islands.
In winter, the bay becomes the backdrop for one of the most spectacular events in nature: the arrival of the humpback whales. The whales arrive for their mating season and spend several months close to the islands, where they give birth to their calves.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Fantastic trip. Works great if don't want to be in the water and in the sun all day. Great day, great snorkeling and saw many whales.
Fantastic, exactly as advertised. Punctual,professional and all around fun. The added lunch was a bonus, the guides on the boat are personable and informative. Yep we saw whales and trying to describe it doesnt work. Take the tour and should you cross paths with their migration route, close your mouth on occasion. Well worth it. Thanks, Stefan and boys. Best, John and Debra.
Amazing trip to the Marietas Islands. Highly recommend this trip. Stephane was a great tour operator with lots of funny stories and facts about the area. You won't be disappointed!!!!