- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This 3-hour street food tour is for foodies who want to sample the authentic street food of the Yucatan. Visit Merida's main market, sample fruits and juices, and walk along to tasting spots where you can try native dishes such as 'cochinita pibil' (slow-roasted pork), 'panuchos' (tortillas stuffed with refried black beans), empanadas, and seafood tacos. End your tour with a sweet stop at a gelato shop specializing in local flavors.
- Excellent value for money
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Ideal choice for families
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Food tasting
- Local and professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Hotel Caribe, Calle 59 500, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
Returns to original departure point
Monday to Saturday
This 3-hour guided tour is for serious foodies who want to taste the best authentic Yucatecan street food. Meet your guide at 10:30am at Hidalgo Park and walk through the busy streets of Merida to the main market. Learn about the local produce and how Yucatecans use them in their native dishes.
At your first tasting spot, choose between empanadas, polcanes (masa stuffed with lima beans, chiles, and pumpkin seeds), panuchos (fried tortillas filled with black beans), or salbutes (deep-fried tortillas with toppings). Then, move on to a taco tasting where you can try the two most famous varieties in the Yucatan: cochinita pibil (slow-roasted pork) and lechon (suckling pig).
Move on to “El Marlin Azul” and sample two types of seafood tacos. On the way, visit the main square and take a look at the beautiful colonial buildings overlooking it, while your guide provides historical and cultural context.
Finally, walk to a gelato store, where you can choose between dozens of local fruit flavors.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A minimum of two people per booking is required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved—comfortable walking shoes are recommend
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.