- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Discover the folklore and history of Campeche on a trip through the village of Becal, famous for production of popular Panama hats and the historic area of Campeche, once scenario of glorious battles. Your tour includes transport and a professional guide.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Round-trip transportation from meeting point in Merida
- Bilingual certified guide
- Admission fee to Mayan Archaeological Museum
- Beverages during lunch
- Optional gratuities
- Souvenirs and personal expenses
- Hotel pick up and drop off
1: San Juan Park, Calle 67A 529, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
2: Gran Hotel, Calle 60 496, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
3: McDonald's, Paseo de Montejo 454, Itzimná, 97100 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
4: Mayan World Museum of Mérida, Calle 60 299 E, Unidad Revolución, 97110 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Merida, Merida, Yucatan Peninsula
You will be picked up from a meeting point in Merida and transferred to the small village of Becal, located just at the border of Yucatan and Campeche states.
Pass By: Centro Historico de San Francisco de Campeche, Campeche Mexico
Visit 17-century colonial church and the Parque de los Sombreros, known for its big hats monument. Learn about the process of making Panama hats from Jipi-japa fiber, watch a demonstration by local artisans who have been working inside caves for several generations to preserve the quality of the palm fronds.
From Becal you will continue your tour to Campeche, the ancient walled city, located at the coast of the Gulf of Mexico and, once a fortress against the pirates' attacks during the colonial times. Your first stop will be at Fuerte San Miguel, the biggest 17-century fortress of Campeche, now converted into Mayan Archaeological Museum.
After that, you will visit the historic district of the city and enjoy a local lunch. After lunch you will have free time to explore on your own, walk and take pictures of the cathedral and old city gates Puerta de Mar y Puerta de Tierra.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Bring comfortable clothes, walking shoes, sunglasses, hat and extra cash for souvenirs and personal expenses
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Please verify your near meeting point and schedule.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.