- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
In the Mayan language, Sian Kaan means place where the sky is born. It is the second biggest biosphere in Mexico and also a UNESCO heritage site. You will visit the small, off the beaten path, archaeological site of Muyil, a 30-minute walk into pristine nature. Afterward, you will go on a short ride to the gorgeous lagoons, a floating experience in crystal clear water between mangroves awaits for you.
- Family friendly
- Small group ensures personal service
- Hotel pickup included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Fuel surcharge
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel pickup
- Entry/Admission - Muyil
- Tips to guides and drivers
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Traveler pickup is offered
Back to your place of pickup
Your adventure begins at your door steps. A guide will meet at your hotel on time to take you for a short ride to the archaeological site of Muyil, a small Mayan site off the beaten path with an important relevance in the Mayan trade of this region.
A certified guide will walk you through the history of the place which is located in a pristine jungle, making it genuine and not crowded with lots of visitors. After the visit to the ruins, you will take a short ride in a dirt road that leads to the lagoon. There are a few carvings in lime stone at the site off the dirt road which should not be missed.
Once you arrive at the lagoons, you have the chance the use a bathroom, change clothes and get ready to embark on fast boats that will take you to the lagoons and navigate the canal that the Mayans made to connect two lagoons.
You will arrive at the archaeological site of Xlapak the first toll boot of the pre-Hispanic world. Your guide will provide you with a cold beverage and show you how to use the life vest. Your floating adventure will begin with crystal clear water surround by mangroves awaiting for you.
After 40 minutes floating, you will arrive at the exit point, where your captain awaits with your shoes and towels to make the walk back to Xlapak in a trail of wood built by the locals that give you the chance to admire the savanna and take a moment to relax and meditate. There will be drinks and chips at the boat for your ride back to the station, a 25-minute drive back to Tulum.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved please wear comfortable shoes
- This tour requires a 2 person minimum to book
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.