- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Let’s take a journey back in time to a place called Stone Island. This is where we leave the city behind and replace tall buildings with small countryside style houses, concrete roads become dirt tracks and crowds of people are substituted by the quiet flora and fauna of the tropical deciduous forest, the beautiful coast and the mangroves. If it weren’t for the harbor, you wouldn’t believe you’re still in Mazatlán!
With your local leader as a guide, you’ll ride through the Stone Island village and it’s relaxed pace of life, a jetty with a view of one of the tallest working natural lighthouse in the world and the beautiful port, and across a secluded highway surrounded by tropical vegetation.
- Pickup and drop off
- Top quality mountain bikes
- Bottled water (empty bottles get recycled at a local recycling center http://www.separadonoesbasura.org/
- Authentic Mazatlan dessert
- Authentic Mazatlan grilled dish
- Your choice of non-alcoholic drink, beer or coconut
- Bottled water
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel, Cruise ship or local address
Guest pickup starts at 8:10 am (the exact time varies depending on your meeting point location) and the activity starts at 9:00 am.
Drop off at your meeting point location.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Stone Island (Isla de las Piedras), Mazatlan, Pacific Coast
Cycling through the Island is a unique ride through a region very few tourists get a chance to experience. Picture yourself on a boat ride leaving the city behind, getting to a place that looks nothing like the Mazatlán we know today.
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- HOW CAN I MAKE THE TOUR MORE ENJOYABLE?
- Wear light comfortable clothing
- Bring your swimsuit if you want to have a dive on the beach at the end
- Wear sunscreen and sunglasses
- Bring a hat or cap
- Bring tennis shoes
- Bring insect repellent
- Min. height: 1.5 m / 5 ft
- Max. weight: 265 lbs / 120kgs
- Guests must know how to ride a bike.
- Not suitable for expectant mothers and guests with recent surgeries.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Above and beyond expectations. Just a fantastic bike ride. Daniel was extremely knowledgeable and took very good care of us. Would recommend this tour for all ages.
Daniel, our guide, was terrific. Very helpful and interesting and super friendly! The short boat ride was unexpectedly fun and meeting the goats and pigs at our first island stop was a real hoot! The coconut stop added a delicious respite and we wish we could do it again. Lunch on the beach among many locals gave us a chance to be part of the area's culture. Highlight of the trip? Riding our bikes on the beach itself. We rode in the area where the waves don't approach and the sand was semi-damp and therefore like road pavement and we got to witness people of all ages enjoying the beautiful weather at the ocean's edge. We would highly recommend this trip!
Very enjoyable trip. Daniel is friendly and informative. The bicycles were comfortable and rode well. The Botanical Gardens was small but beautiful. We ran into the gardeners there, and they gave us coconuts and even cut them for us to drink and eat. It was interesting and tasty to visit the little coconut candy stand and the tortilla factory. There is one thing I would add. Since we passed so many farms, it would have been nice if we had been able to stop at one of the farms and eaten some tropical fruit we had never seen before.