- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Full archaeological day: first you will be visiting the Mayan ruins of Tulum ruins early in the morning and then you will be heading to the Cobá ruins located in the jungle where you will be riding a bike to explore the archeological site and you will be climbing up to the top of the pyramid.
- All-inclusive tour
- Lunch included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Small-group tour
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica de Coba
- Entry/Admission - Tulum Archaeological Site
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from the Cancun area
Pickup from all hotels located between Playa del Carmen and Tulum (including Playa del Carmen downtown and Tulum hotel zone).
No pickups available from the Cancun area.
Return to original departure point.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
Tulum (Archaeological site)
Each Mayan city had a specific purpose, and Tulum was no exception. It was a seaport, trading mainly turquoise and jade. As well as being the only Mayan city built on a coast, Tulum was one of the few Mayan cities protected by a wall. This one was made of limestone, the 784 meter wall encloses the site on three sides. The wall is seven meters thick, and varies between three and five meters in height. No doubt this fortification helped preserve the seaport.
Cobá (Archaeological site)
It is set deep in the jungle and many of the ruins have yet to be excavated. Cobá was settled much earlier than nearby Chichen Itzá and Tulum and construction reached its peak between AD 800 and 1100. Archaeologists believe that this city once covered an area of 50 square kilometers and held a population of 40,000 Mayans. Coba’s architecture is a curiosity: its towering pyramids and stelae resemble the architecture of Tikal (Guatemala), which is several hundred kilometers away, rather than the much nearer sites of Chichen Itzá and the northern Yucatán Peninsula. With its temples and the legendary ball game area, Cobá is one of the oldest and most important Mayan treasures in the region. Follow the paths to arrive at the Nohoch Muul pyramid (with its 42 meters it is considered the tallest in the Yucatan Peninsula), from the top of which you will enjoy a wonderful view of the amazing sub-tropical jungle that surrounds the site. Bikes rental at the site are optional but recommended.
- 7.30 a.m. pick up up from your hotel
- Tulum ruins (1.5 hour guided tour)
- Cobá ruins (2 hours guided tour)
- Mexican lunch in local restaurant in Cobá or Tulum
- At approximately 3.30 p.m. hotel return scheduled
- Comfortable shoes and outfit
- Sun hat and sunblock
- Mosquito repellent
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes
- It is recommended that you bring insect repellent
- A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.