- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Drift through the magnificent floating gardens of Xochimilco in a colorful ‘trajinera,’ a flat-bottomed boat characteristic of this unique agricultural region. Learn the history of this UNESCO World Heritage Site, first established as a pre-Columbian city on the shores of Lake Xochimilco just south of Mexico City. As you ride the decorative vessel, take in the once-enormous agrarian canal system that fed the Aztec capital. Afterward, enjoy a brief visit to the National University of Mexico, which contains an outdoor gallery of mural art and sculptures.
- Pickup and drop-off from most downtown Mexico City, Reforma and Polanco hotels included
- Ride in a colorful 'trajinera'
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Xochimilco
Mexico City, Mexico City, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Traveler pickup is offered
To schedule your pickup, please contact us. Our complimentary pickup areas include Polanco, Reforma, and Downtown, we have some meeting points.
Returns to original departure point
Wednesday and Saturday
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: UNAM Biblioteca central, Ciudad Universitaria, Mexico City 04510 Mexico
You can see the UNAM Library.
Stop At: Xochimilco Nativitas, Mexico City Mexico
You will live the experience to do a trip above the "trajineras" on the Xochimilco Lake.
Duration: 1 hour
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Note: The duration of this tour may vary due to traffic and/or weather conditions
- Important: Itinerary is subject to change during holidays and special occasions. Please kindly contact the local tour operator for information and confirmation
- It is not recommended to book this tour on the same day of your departure.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.