- 11 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Discover the history and color of the ancient Mayan civilization on this full-day tour. See how the culture lives today and learn the fascinating history of the amazing archaeological site at Coba. Lunch and a cenote swim are included.
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Round trip air-conditioned transportation
- Visit to a Mayan community
- Typical Mexican style lunch
- Visit to a cenote with swim time
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica de Coba
- Optional bici-taxi or bicycle rental at Coba
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up starts at 7am, depending your hotel location the time may change, we will contact you by email ton confirm the exact pick up time and location. We do pick up major hotels in Cancun and Riviera Maya, if you hotel in not deserved by our route we will set the closest pick up point.
Monday and Friday
This fascinating and informative tour takes you on a journey to the real Mexico to a time when the Mayan people ruled this part of the world. During your tour you will visit the archaeological site of Coba where the more adventurous can climb the pyramid of Nohoch Muul, the highest in the state. From the top of Nohoch Muul, you'll be amazed by the stunning views. Discover the secrets of the mysterious Mayans as your expert guide entertains you with detailed information and fascinating stories to complement the tour.
From here your tour continues on and you'll soon find yourself in a small Mayan community to experience their day to day life. Your visit might include seeing the local school, visiting a Mayan house as well as learning about how the people make their living from the land. This is "authentic Mexico" at its best and you will have the chance to browse the villagers handicrafts where you may just find the perfect souvenir.
In keeping with the local theme of the trip, you will enjoy a delicious Mexican-style lunch with something to suit all tastes - you don’t have to be a lover of hot and spicy food to appreciate the dishes on offer!
After lunch, the final stop is at an underground river cavern (cenote). The cenotes truly capture the natural beauty of this area as well as offer the perfect spot to cool down with a dip in the crystal clear waters. They are an extraordinary natural phenomena that you won’t want to miss experiencing or photographing.
Your tour ends with hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This activity is not suitable for pregnant women
- Bring footwear suitable for walking (flip flops are not recommended), swimsuit, towel, extra t-shirt, biodegradable suncreen and repellent, bottled water and cash for souvenirs
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.