- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This snorkeling tour is an excellent adventure for those wanting only a few hours exploring the breathtaking underwater world of the second longest coral barrier reef on the planet. The half day tour includes snorkeling on two spectacular reefs inhabited by endless marine life and amazing breathtaking colors.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Snorkel gear included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Snorkeling gear
- Bottled water on board
- Transportation boat
- Two snorkeling spots (45min. each)
- Lunch (depending on option selected)
- Mandatory National Reef Fee (10USD per person)
Traveler pickup is offered
9:30 am and 12pm
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
Your journey begins as you depart from your hotel in an air-conditioned passenger van and you make your way to Puerto Morelos, 500 meters from the Puerto Morelos Reef National Park, and 35 minutes driving time from Cancun or Playa Del Carmen. On arrival you will meet your snorkeling guides who will give you the days instructions and safety information, once you have your snorkeling gear and feel comfortable you will make your way out to the reef on a boat. The first part of the adventure starts in a deeper section of the park, marvel at the beauty of the reef and its inhabitants in panoramic splendor in the crystal clear Caribbean waters. The second snorkeling location takes you to a more shallow part of the reef, home to a completely different variety of marine life and beautiful corals.
After your snorkeling adventure you will be taken to "La Panza es Primero" Mexican food Restaurant. This belongs to a Mexican group who has 13 restaurants with the Tex-Mex concept, eleven in Spain, one Puerto Morelos and soon one at the entrance of the hotel Dorado Maroma; Mexican food homemade and where creativity is an essential part flavor. The restaurant looks especially food seasoning and strives to make people feel the customers at home. "La Panza es Primero" pays tribute to Mexican wrestling, in its decor, murals, masks, dolls will transport visitors to the most popular Mexico. In the restaurant "La Panza es Primero" Puerto Morelos, you will enjoy an authentic meal experience surrounded by a beautiful palapa and overlooking the Mexican Caribbean.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children between 5-11 years old pay children rate.
- Children under 5 enter free but cannot occupy a seat in the bus.
- It is recommended that you bring lightweight clothing, a bathing suit, a hat, sunglasses, biodegradable sunscreen
- Please bring cash for souvenirs and $10usd for Reef tax.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Everything was great! The trip was on-time and it all went as hoped. To inexperienced snorkelers, it was fantastic. First, Charlie our guide gave great instructions on how to move with the ocean - not fight it, how to properly lay in the water to breath air not water, and how to see better under the water. Second, having never snorkeled in the ocean, we thought all the things we saw were fantastic: the reef itself, colored fish, strangely shaped fish, a ray, and an eel. Charlie saw the eel and was able to bring us all around to see it hiding under an overhang. Third, the lunch was big and very adequate. Everyone was nice and professional.