- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
This half-day tour takes you to the Tulum ruins early in the morning where you will be enjoying the great sights of this beautiful and amazing Mayan site.
- Small-group tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Hotel pickup included
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Playa del Carmen and Tulum)
- Air-conditioning transportation
- Box lunch and beverages
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Tulum Archaeological Site
- Alcoholic drinks (available upon purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Cancun hotel zone
Pick up from hotels between Playa del Carmen and Tulum (including Playa del Carmen downtown and Tulum hotel zone).
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
You will be picked up from your hotel in Tulum or Playa del Carmen between 7am and 7:30am.
From there, you will be heading to the Tulum ruins for a 2-hour visit plus free time. Each Mayan city had a specific purpose, and Tulum was no exception. It was a seaport, trading mainly in turquoise and jade. As well as being the only Mayan city built on a coast, Tulum was one of the few protected by a wall. Made of limestone, the 784-metre wall encloses the site on three sides, it is seven meters thick and varies between three and five meters in height.
Like the questions which surround the decline of the Mayan world, there are several theories such as...why a wall surrounds Tulum.
One suggests that there used to be a Mayan population of 600 on the inside, protected from invaders.
Another suggests only priests and nobility were housed within the walls, while peasants were kept on the outside.
Most archaeologists believe that Tulum was occupied during the late Postclassic period (AD 1200 – 1521).
You will reach the House of Cenote, mysterious Temple of the Wind God, beautiful Temple of Paintings and then Tulum’s tallest building which is called The Castle.
With essential background knowledge provided by the archeologist guide, you’ll easily imagine how this city once served as a major seaport.
You can also take a swim in its beautiful turquoise waters and take a stroll along its beautiful beach while enjoying the unique view of the ruins from the water.
You then will be enjoying a lunch box, you will be back at your hotel around 11am to 12pm.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant car seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.