- 4 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
In the Mexican artistic world the figure of Frida Kahlo was imposed due to her strong personality and her intese life, next to important political and artistic characters. Discover with Julia Travel the story of this interesting character and visit the Coyoacan neighborhood, where Frida Kahlo was borned and died. During the tour, we will visit the Frida Kahlo's House Museum, also known as the Blue House, and we will continue the tour through the romantic streets of Coyoacan, where we will also visit it's typical market.
- Pickup and drop-off at the Customer's hotel. Areas: Centro, Reforma, Zona Rosa and Polanco.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Official english guide
- Visit to Coyoacan typical market
- Tasting of one “tostada
- Entry/Admission - Museo Frida Kahlo
- Entry/Admission - Coyoacan
- Entry/Admission - Mercado de Coyoacan
- Foods and beverages, unless specified
- Frida Kahlo Museum restricted area photo and recording charges
Traveler pickup is offered
Customer’s hotel. Only for hotels located in the following areas: Centro, Reforma, Zona Rosa and Polanco. Rest to be consulted.
The tour guide will contact with each passenger the day before after 18:00 hrs, if not found will leave a message.
It is essential to mention in the reservation if the passenger is staying at the mentioned hotel.
Note: If the passenger is not staying at the hotel, they must provide their cell phone number so that they can be contacted by the guide.
Returns to original departure point
In the Mexican artistic world the figure of Frida Kahlo was imposed due to her strong personality and her intese life, next to important political and artistic characters. Discover with Julia Travel the story of this interesting character and visit the Coyoacan neighborhood, where Frida Kahlo was borned and died.
The meeting point is at Roundabout of the Angel of Independence, our guide will be waiting for you at 12:30PM. You will be able to identify him easily with the placard of Julia Travel. From there, we will take the transportation that take us to the colonial district of Coyoacan.
Once in Coyoacan, we will start a walking tour, begining for the Frida Kahlo's House Museum, also known as the Blue House. It was here where she was borned on July 6th of 1907, and where she died on July 13th of 1957. She lived an unconventional life, and her pictorial work thematically revolves around his biography and her own suffering; marked since childhood by the misfortune of getting polio and then by a serious accident in his youth that kept her bedridden for long periods, reaching up to 32 surgeries. Her love affair with one of the greatest muralist painters of the time, Diego Rivera, has inspired countless writers who have taken this story even to international cinema. Here we can breathe the atmosphere of a typical Mexican house from the early twentieth century and discover many of her most precious personal objects, her love for Mexican folk art and of course some of her paintings in the permanent exhibition of the museum.
Our tour continues through the romantic streets of Coyoacan, until the typical market where we will find lots of reasons to talk about the daily life of Mexican people; their traditions, their tastes, their fests, their beliefs and their gastronomy. Furthermore, we will have the opportunity to enjoy a tasting of “tostada”, typical from Mexican gastronomy, which is a corn “tortilla” normally served with other ingredients on top, such as: seafood, fish, beans, guacamole, chicken, lettuce, tomato, cheese, cream, and sauce among others. This visit to the market will be without doubt very interesting, you can take shots of the “piñatas”, the fruits, flowers, typical candies and the varied costumes that are sold here.
Afterwards, we are going to visit the 16th century church consecrated to St. John the Baptist, where we can admire the paint works that decors the central nave of the church and tells about some Bible passages, and also about the arrival of the first Spanish evangelizers and the conversion of Mesoamerican peoples. A beautiful baroque altarpiece crowns the main altar. In front of the church, a romantic square with fountain and sculptures of Coyotes invites us to visit it quietly to culminate with our tour of Coyoacan, "place of coyotes."
At 05:30PM our transportation will bring us to the Roundabout of the Angel of Independence.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- Please, be aware that the tour includes walking tours. You are advised to wear comfortable clothes and shoes and be ready for some walking.
- Don't forget to take all your belongings when you get off the vehicles.
- Take umbrella and raincoat in the rainy season (from the end of May to October).
- The Frida Kahlo Museum charges for photo and recording in restricted to open areas (not included).
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Maximum number 12 people.
- Please, be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
- Printed voucher or E-voucher are accepted.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.