- 11 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Avoid the crowds at Teotihuacan and explore Mexico’s City’s historic center during this sightseeing tour that starts in the early morning and makes it easy for you to see the city’s major attractions in just one day. First you’ll head to Teotihuacan, a UNESCO World Heritage site, just as it opens, beating the majority of visitors from the city. After exploring its ancient pyramids and plazas, return to the city for a guided tour around the Zocalo, where you’ll see and learn about sights like Metropolitan Cathedral and the National Palace.
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Professional guide
- Round-trip transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance to Teotihuacan
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica Teotihuacan
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
1: Hotel NH Collection Mexico City Reforma, Calle Liverpool 155, Juárez, 06600 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
2: Hostal Amigo, A, Isabel la Católica 61, Centro Histórico de la Cdad. de México, Centro, 06000 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zona Arqueologica Teotihuacan, San Juan Teotihuacan 55800 Mexico
After meeting your guide in Mexico City, your tour starts with the 30-mile (48-km) drive north to Teotihuacan, a World Heritage–listed archaeological site that dates back to 100 BC and is known as the ‘City of the Gods.’ You’ll arrive as soon as the site opens, before most tour groups and visitors begin to fill up the place.
With an informative guide, explore the plazas, murals and structures during this peaceful time of day that enhances the ancient city’s already-mystical atmosphere. Hear stories and facts about Teotihuacan’s long history and recent discoveries, and see sites like the Temple of Quetzalcoatl, Palace of Quetzalpapalotl, the Avenue of the Dead, and the Sun and Moon pyramids.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Zocalo, Calle Plaza de La Constitucion S/N, Mexico City 06000 Mexico
Then return to Mexico City for your afternoon tour of the historical city center. Beginning at the Zocalo, the main square formally known as Plaza de la Constitucion, you’ll see some of Mexico City’s most renowned landmarks, including Metropolitan Cathedral (Catedral Metropolitana de la Asuncion), the largest cathedral in the Americas, National Palace (Palacio Nacional) and the Palace of Fine Arts (Palacio de Bellas Artes). Learn about this area’s history as the former seat of the Aztec empire, which was then destroyed by Spanish conquerors, as you walk along bustling streets like Reforma Avenue (Paseo de la Reforma) with your guide.
Your tour then ends at any of the central meeting points.
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (1.8 miles/3 km)
- Note: You will have a break for lunch/snacks before your city tour begins
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.