- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This Viator Exclusive - available nowhere else - allows you to visit the amazing archaeological site of Uxmal and see it the way you want it. You will travel by air-conditioned Mercedes Benz van and arrive to the entrance where a guide will assist you purchasing the tickets. Then, it's off for you to explore. See every corner of the ancient Maya city and UNESCO World Heritage Site and feel like a real archaeologist exploring it. Enter and leave the archaeological zone as you like and enjoy access to Viator's exclusive visitors welcome suite and the facilities at The Lodge at Uxmal.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Exclusive to Viator
- Transportation from meeting point in Merida
- Time to explore Uxmal on your own
- Free use of all of Lodge at Uxmal facilities: Swimming pools, towels, lounge chairs and Botanical Gardens
- Exclusive access to Welcome Suite
- Entrance fee to Uxmal
- Entrance fee Choco story museum
- Meals and beverages
- Bilingual guide
- Hotel pick up and drop off
Please verify your near meeting point and schedule:
• McDonald’s PASEO DE MONTEJO, Paseo de Montejo 454, Itzimná, 97100 Mérida, Yuc.at 07:40 a.m.
• STARBUCKS GRAN HOTEL, Calle 60 496, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc. at 07:55 a.m.
• FUENTE PARQUE DE SAN JUAN, Calle 67A 529, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc. at 08:15 a.m.
• PARADERO MUSEO DEL MUNDO MAYA, Calle 60 299 E, Unidad Revolución, 97110 Mérida, Yuc. at 08:35 a.m.
Returns to original departure point
Be your own guide exploring Uxmal at your own pace on this Viator Exclusive tour. You will travel from a meeting point in Merida by air-conditioned Mercedes Benz van and arrive to the site where a guide will assist you with purchasing your tickets. Then, you are off to explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site on your own.
Take pictures of all the amazing temples including The Magicians Pyramid, the Governors Palace, the Dove's Temple, the Nuns Quadrangle, and many others for discover. You can stay as long as you want and re-enter the site whenever you want. You can also enjoy the amenities at The Lodge at Uxmal, a wonderful hotel located in the lush Mayan forest and within a 2-minute walk from the archaeological zone. Here, you can swim and cool down, relax on the lounge chairs, enjoy delicious food (additional cost) or visit the Choco Story Museum to learn about the history of cocoa. You can also visit the Hacienda Uxmal Plantation and Museum and have unlimited access to Viator's exclusive welcome Suite where you can enjoy flavored waters ("aguas frescas") and air-conditioning to freshen up.
You'll also get a booklet of unique discount coupons available to you for on-site experiences, various restaurants at the resort, a SPA treatment and more. This tour is the perfect way to make the best out of your day as you can see every corner of the archaeological zone and also relax at a hotel surrounded by the beautiful Mayan jungle.
Viator Exclusives combine unique experiences and great deals — from traditional tours to once-in-a-lifetime experiences — and are not available from other 3rd-party online sellers.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear light, comfortable clothing & walking/hiking shoes
- Bring your sunglasses, hat, bathing suit, biodegradable sunblock and a camera.
- Please verify your near meeting point and schedule.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
A wonderful experience at a most fascinating ancient Mayan site. I did take a Mayan guide on the first part of my time at the site, a most knowledgeable guide who spoke English, sharing much fascinating information on the various aspects of these ancient Mayan ruins. I was left with ample time to explore the ruins on my own, pondering on the information the guide had given to me. This was followed by a tasty lunch, self serve from a wide variety of both Mexican and Western-style foods. Finally the visit to a most fascinating Choco museum where we learned how the Mayans made the chocolates, viewing an authentic Mayan ceremony, and sampling the produce!! Highly recommended for those of us like me who are interested in ancient Mayan culture.