- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Do you want to see Puerto Vallarta as a local and experience a great private tour to learn how to surf in the Pacific waters? This is a wonderful experience including a professional local instructor and lots of fun.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- All necessary equipment included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Get inside tips from a local
- Professional photographer guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Av México 1254
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
We meet you at our shop to sign waivers, grab the boards and be on our way to one of the most amazing experiences, learn how to ride a wave
Duration: 15 minutes
Location: Xiutla Riders Ecoadventure, Puerto Vallarta
After a 45 min drive, we stop, unload the boards and hike through the jungle on an easy path to discover the best place in the Bandera's bay to have a lesson. This is a slow brake point with a sandy bottom. After some stretching, we'll explain to you how to control your surfboard, paddle to the breaking point going over the waves, how, when and where to stand up to ride your first wave with all the safety tips.
After riding waves with our help, we'll start teaching you how to catch them by yourself.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Location: Playa La Lancha, Punta de Mita, Pacific Coast
After your surf lesson, you can decide to chill out on the beach, go to the magical surf town of Sayulita to discover it or get back to your hotel. This is a private lesson, it is your call.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Location: Sayulita Beach, Sayulita, Pacific Coast
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
My brother and I had an amazing time. He is now hooked on surfing. We will definitely be back to hit the beach again!
This was a great time. Fernando is a low key guy who obviously loves what he does. He even arranged to have us get picked up and dropped off at our hotel. We were picked up by a friend in a jeep, drove to site and had a beautiful time on the water. This was our first time surfing, so Fernando took us to the smaller waves and waded in the water. He showed us how to stand up, and held the boards for us so we could catch the waves. The guy is dedicated! He was shivering, but kept going.
By the afternoon we were catching our own waves. Fernando was willing to help us as much or as little as we needed. Very easy going, and super friendly. Bring some water with you, and maybe some snacks because the beach is about a 1km hike. There is a small restaurant attached to the surf shop and a gas station and convenience store nearby where it may be worth stocking up on so you don't have to leave the beach.
This was our favorite experience / excursion in Puerto Vallarta. Fernando was an excellent instructor, he was very patient and encouraging. He took us to a beautiful, pristine beach. My girlfriend and I had never surfed before, and we were able to catch our own waves after a short period of time. I would highly recommend this experience to anyone interested in surfing. Awesome awesome day.