- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
The Sierra de la Laguna Biosphere Reserve interpretive hike is in one of Baja California Sur's most beautiful but least explored areas. Part of an island off the coast of Baja 10 million years ago, the Reserve is home to an incredible diversity of plant and animal life. On this 'Reach for the Sky' hike, you'll hike as high up the mountain as you can and still get home before dark! This tour is recommended for experienced hikers only.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Sierra de la Laguna Mountains
Todos Santos hotels
You'll depart from Todos Santos at 9am and drive for approximately an hour from the ocean, through the desert, to the mountain trail head where the hike starts.
The walk begins in the selva Baja caducifolia (desert scrub) and continues through lush reserves of oak forest and pine. Your guide is a professional naturalist guide and a gifted story-teller, as well as a certified Wilderness First Responder. Hence, you will get a lot of great information about local flora, fauna and history.
The Biosphere Reserve (where you'll be hiking) was part an island off the coast of Baja some 10 million years ago, and the incredible diversity of plant and animal life of the reserve still reflects the island isolation the area once enjoyed. Over 23% of plants and 10% of animals found in the reserve are endemic to the area.
Chef Iker Algorri will pack the picnic lunches that you take on the trail and this includes delicious sandwiches and fruit. You will hike as high up as you can and still get home before dark. The return to Todos Santos is around 5pm.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Note: This tour is recommended for experienced hikers only
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
This tour was fantastic and very challenging. The trek involves climbing about 3,000 ft 900 meters through desert trails towards the peak of the biosphere. Our guide was fantastic and brought extra water for us, which we definitely needed. The lunch they provide halfway through the hike was outstanding and felt well earned. If your goal is to summit the peak of the biosphere, you will need to arrange a two day one night trek, as it is next to impossible to summit and return in one day. We plan to summit the peak the next time we visit Baja.