- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Many architectural monuments form a colorful mosaic of Ciudad de Mexico. Pre-Hispanicas construcctions, colonial and modern; each one has its history. Castle of Chapultepec is very famous for its history, the only castle in all America Latina. Located on top of a hill and surrounded by forest, it offer one of the most beautiful view of the Paseo de la Reforma. Come with Julia Travel to enjoy this walk and discover all the castle´s secrets.
- Official bilingual guide for the panoramic walk
- Tasting of chocolate and churros
- Food and drink, other than specified
- Any personal expenses
JuliáTours, Calle Río Tiber 86, Cuauhtémoc, 06500 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all the travelers from the Julià Tours Office: Río Tíber #86 Colonia Cuauhtémoc CDMX
Castillo de Chapultepec, Lomas Altas, Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Castle of Chapultepec is very famous for its history, the only castle in all America Latina. Located on top of a hill and surrounded by forest, it offer one of the most beautiful view of the Paseo de la Reforma. Come with Julia Travel to enjoy this walk and discover all the castle´s secrets.
Meeting point will be in Julia Travel office at 10:00h our guide will be there waiting to tell us about the history, anecdote and legends during we make a walking tour for the castle of Chapultepec.
Our first stop will be in front of the independece column, better known like “El Ángel”, that is actually a woman winged she represents the victory and she carries in one of her hands a broken chain and a laurel wreath in the other one.
This momument was built to president order, Porfirio Diaz to commemorate the first century of Independence in Mexico. Nowadays, that angel it’s turned the symbol of Ciudad de Mexico and also is one the most beautiful monuments in all country. It’s a places of festivities and celebrations.
To continue with all the stories around our route, we´ll stop to know, since arrival Mexico in XVI century, first Spanish really liked the taste of cocoa, unknown product during that time around the world. This endemic product from our country son it was transformed at society of viceroyalty those who tasted in that in the great occasions, sometimes accompanied with Churros, Spanish recipe adopted by the Mexican people.
To understand better our next stop will be in a very famous churrería and chocolate Factory where we will be able to test (tasting incluided).
We´ll continue walking along the Paseo de la Reforma. This important avenue originally called el Paseo del Emperador was built during Maximiliano de Haburgo´s Empire the idea was comunicate Palacio Nacional where he works with Castle de Chapultepec where he lived. Through year the avenue it was transformed and beautifying with squares and monuments about the Mexico´s history, the name of the avenue was changed for the actual name, Paseo de la Reforma. This artery is one of the most beautiful in the Mexico City.
When we´ll arrive to the Chapultepec´s forest, we´ll find a frame entrance with an incredible wrought iron door accompained by 6 columns that represent Chapultepec´s children heroes. Our guide will tell us the story. We will climb to the rop of the Chapultepec´s hill or also called chaupiln´s hill. Big history waits for us during our visit. From the construction, his paintings, furniture and vintage paintings, original carriages; Maximilianos´s and Carlotas´s arrival to establish the impire of Mexico until its sad end and finally the transformation of the castle into the National Museum.
At the end of the visit our guide say goodbye. If you want you can continue enjoying of the view, take pictures or come back on your own to Paseo de la Reforma to continue enjoying Ciudad de Mexico.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please, be aware that the tour includes walking. It is advised that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes and be ready for some walking
- Umbrella is important during rainy season (end of May to October)
- Castillo de Chapultepec charge for take pictures (without flash) or video recording (no professional) is not included in our tour
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- The minimum number of people required for the tour's departure is 2 people, in case of not reaching the required minimum, we will offer an alternative date or the possibility of the total refund of the tour.
- Maximum number 12 people.
- Please, be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.